Just over a week ago, we reported on Nintendo launching a North American 'Club Nintendo' site.

As of yesterday, it appears that Nintendo has finally launched it at http://club.nintendo.com.

Courtesy of JSR and CoilShot of NeoGAF comes the following follow-up:

It's actually pretty decent from what I've seen so far. Rewards include the Game & Watch Collection for DS, Nintendo-themed playing cards and Hanafuda Cards, various DS game holders, a Wii Remote holder, and some other stuff.

Registering a Wii game nets you 50 coins, a DS game gets you 30 coins, and Virtual Console/WiiWare games get you 10 coins. You can also earn 10 coins for saying you plan to buy a game and following through with the purchase, 10 coints for taking a survey about a registered game, and another 10 coins for a "Post Play" survey 4-6 weeks after that.

Oh, and the Gold and Platinum statuses from the Japanese Club Nintendo are in the US version too. Anyone who earns 600 coins in a Club Nintendo year (July 1 - June 30) gets Platinum status and a free gift, while 300 coins gets you Gold status and a free gift (probably not as good as the Platinum gift, though).

Honestly, it's better than I expected. I thought Club Nintendo would be like the European version, but it seems like it's more in line with Japan's. More PlayStation 3 News...