Nintendo Wii Homebrew Channel 1.0: Now With Less Beta out!
Marcan writes: Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you The Homebrew Channel, version 1.0.
Okay, so it's really just another name for beta10. Getting into double-digit betas sounds kind of lame, and we don't want to sound too much like google, so we're calling it 1.0. After all, many bugfixes have come and this thing is pretty stable and feature-complete by now.
As I promised, we've listened to your requests for beta10. I didn't promise we'd actually do anything about them, but at least we've taken care of some of them. Most easy additions have been added, and several bugs have been fixed. Although this release may not have USB support or themeing (boo!), things like Classic Controller and multiple-wiimote support should make your HBC experience just a bit nicer. Or at least I hope so, because I don't think we're going to be ready for another release for a while, and there's other stuff to do ([Register or Login to view links], anyone?).
The Almighty Changelog:
* meta.xml now handles all ISO-8859-1 characters properly (you can use either UTF-8 or ISO-8859-1 encoding, but UTF-8 is restricted to the ISO subset)
* Wiimote power button support (shutdown)
* Wiimote rumble honors system setting
* Fixed some crash bugs
* Fix meta.xml UNIX style newline regression
* All wiimotes work now, not just the first one (only one can point at a time though)
* Classic Controller support
* Nunchuk support (scroll only, using the stick)
* Guitar Hero 3 guitar support
* Left and right change pages too
* Hit 1 on Wiimote to retry the network connection (like clicking on the network icon or Z on the GC pad)
* Added information to the installer
* Fixed some networking issues with networking disabled (and possibly other bugs)
* Pushed in some text to avoid overscan crop
* Widened video width to match system menu ("black bars" fix)
* B returns from app screen (unless scrolling with B-hold)
* Try to initialize network earlier (slight speedup)
* Retry network initialization a few times
* Fix a networking issue (libogc problem)
* Reload stub now identifies itself (magic number, for future use)
* Support broken HTTP proxies in update check
* Show IOS revision in main menu
* () -> * (Hint: old-school Wiimote support needed what? Try it both ways.)