Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Nintendo 3DS Combats Piracy, Digital Distribution Planned

Sponsored Links
    According to THQ's VP Ian Curran in a recent interview with CVG (linked above) new anti-piracy technology utilized in the 3DS will be foolproof to cracks from illegal downloaders alongside digital distribution.

He stated that the "problem with the DS market in the last few years, particulary with the DS Lite, is that it's just been attacked by piracy."

Plans also include using the 3DS to move Nintendo's digital distribution forward according to Nintendo president Satoru Iwata via [Register or Login to view links], to quote:

"We are thinking the release of new hardware should be good timing for a dramatic improvement of this situation. In addition to the function of '3D graphics without 3D glasses,' Nintendo 3DS will have enhanced wireless communication function.

Nintendo 3DS will receive various pieces of information automatically if there is a chance of communication while a user carries it even when he or she does not try to start communication pro-actively by unfolding Nintendo 3DS. By combining Nintendo 3DS with such function, we are now planning to expand our digital-distribution type of business."

Nintendo 3DS Combats Piracy, Digital Distribution Planned

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ehm... Nintendo is planning to reduce the fabulous selling rate of the DS , like Sony with the PS3 has done.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'll just have to wait and see on this. Nintendo is very well known for leaving holes in there consoles, look at the wii. it took them till 4.3 system menu to block the bannerbomb hack. and how long did that last?

Soo... after selfupdating PS3 we'll have now selfcommunicating DS?? And what's next - self playing XboX? I don't like this "all-automatic" functionalities - I prefer to choose and controll what and when MY system does!

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy12 View Post
    Ehm... Nintendo is planning to reduce the fabulous selling rate of the DS , like Sony with the PS3 has done.
    They had too. don't confuse high system sells with high profits. money comes from the software and how many copies are sold.

But it has to have an airplane mode right? Airplanes are pretty much the only time I play portable consoles, and I don't think they allow devices that are constantly trying to connect to things. I imagine this will also kill battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Soo... after selfupdating PS3 we'll have now selfcommunicating DS?? And what's next - self playing XboX? I don't like this "all-automatic" functionalities - I prefer to choose and controll what and when MY system does!
    HAHA! That's so true...

360 sells millions because of piracy, and even more because of the banwaves.

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyFinger View Post
    They had too. don't confuse high system sells with high profits. money comes from the software and how many copies are sold.
    here no one is confusing something. I Don't think so... and You know why ?

did You forget that SONY increase their business of 80% with the PS1 ? and I can imagine how much increase with the PS2 now not remember well but for sure (not less that another PLUS 50%) SONY is still count the money earned with PS2 that is still (nowdays) a good selling system (10 years old)

about PS3 (almost 4 years old nowdays) I cannot say the same, I'm sorry.

Hackers will always be one step ahead. If theres a will theres away. It will be only a matter of time before the "uncrackable" is cracked. But i am excited for METAL GEAR SOLID 3DS.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News