Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    if the question is literal. Next Generation Consoles: Which is truly Next Gen?

i'd have to say none really. i prefer ps and sony all day but there's really nothing new.one could argue its a medium range pc quality and will surely be obscelete 12 months after release compared to pc (just like the ps3 was). i'm no expert in the tech aspects but to me you get slightly better graphics than ps3 and few other little things like chat and share etc. big deal. its nice but not ground breaking.

the ps3 should have done that.. i was hoping the console made around 2015 or so back dreaming in 2000 would be a TRUE NEXT GEN would be something like the holodeck from star trek. i also was hoping we would have robot slaves and flying cars too. lol

maybe this should be called ps3.1 not ps4.. and as for xbox i dont or never have cared at all. it doesnt really exist to me.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    To be honest, the CPUs don't surprise me. The GPUs however caught my attention because they are basically a better GPU than 90% of PCs have. Especially for the price and quality of the console its truly next generation.

The only a PC is are upgradable specs. Which gaming keeps up to date with the latest games coming out and thats all that matters to me personally.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by elser1 View Post
    i was hoping the console made around 2015 or so back dreaming in 2000 would be a TRUE NEXT GEN would be something like the holodeck from star trek. i also was hoping we would have robot slaves and flying cars too. lol
    Wait for PS9. It will blow you away.

I am leaning on getting and using a PS4 as my primary console this upcoming generation. The only thing keeping me waiting from a purchase is to see what Sony might try and remove as/if hacks become available.

If Sony pulls off the whole ECDSA random key again it definitely won't be hacked without an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by RCFProd View Post
    I can tell that this comparison is made by a Sony fan. Why is every single pro mentioned for PS4 and why are only the weak things mentioned for the Xbox One? If you're mentioning cross game chat for PS4, then also put that on the Xbox One list, seriously.
    Well, you got to think, that feature has always been there and is something new for playstation. Putting it there wouldn't even make it a new feature.

To be fair (and objective, but I may be reaching), a comparison list should note similarities. This makes it biased. That being said I consider both obviously next-gen.

BTW, does the PS3 OS use any RAM at all?
    Last edited by moja; 08-17-2013 at 10:20 PM

Hardly any. I don't remember the exact number.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forum Runner.

One thing that is really important and never mentioned is future support from the company, such as the online game stores, servers, customer support, etc. Also the failure rate, hopefully it's very low but you never know. It's not too early to make comparisons but I really believe the XBOX ONE still has a good chance on doing better than expected.

I think that they both have some potential for new gameplay concepts, which is what excites me the most. The graphics can be photorealistic++, but unless there are gameplay innovations, it might as well be current-gen.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News