Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

New XBox 360 Jasper Motherboard with 512MB Internal MU Found

Sponsored Links
    There's a new XBox 360 Jasper motherboard with a 4gbit Samsung NAND inside. This will give users 512Mbytes internal Memory Unit compared to the old Jasper motherboard which came with 256Mbytes.

Braza has [Register or Login to view links] pictures of a new Jasper motherboard with a 4gbit Samsung NAND inside.

To quote: This XBox 360 is a Japanese Arcade SKU made on April 9th 2009. The motherboard still seems like a Jasper-model, only real change seems to be the NAND.

The extra space is all used to give you a larger internal memory unit. The original Aracde Jasper has a 2gbit NAND and gave users an ~214MBytes of usable internal memory as around 16MB is used by Microsoft for kernel/keyvault/dash etc.

So we guess the new one should give you ~496Mbytes of usable internal MU.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well so now we are going to have just a bit of more memory. I don't thing most people might be interested in just another 200+ mb of memory.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Now only if they could fix the whole xbox 360 pissing itself and dieing thing.

I believe the extra space must be for NXE so the core pack won't need a memory card or a HDD. (cheaper for them I guess instead giving free memory cards)

Banned User
    @D3M0N2009: Are there some REAL reports of JASPERs RROD-ing? I failed to find such proof (A lot of fake RRODs I agree or maybe forced ones, but a real RROD or E74 on JASPER?)

If so please point it out... From what info I gathered it seems it's fixed with the new mobo... but I'm not Jasper owner and it's still pretty early in it's days... (REMEMBER THE FALCON MOBO! wich was supposed to be the DEFINITIOVE FIX)

So, is this really what we needed? I mean, damn MS, fix your console properly. I won't buy another Xbox 3RL before you fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by mihaiolimpiu View Post
    @D3M0N2009: Are there some REAL reports of JASPERs RROD-ing? I failed to find such proof (A lot of fake RRODs I agree or maybe forced ones, but a real RROD or E74 on JASPER?)

If so please point it out... From what info I gathered it seems it's fixed with the new mobo... but I'm not Jasper owner and it's still pretty early in it's days... (REMEMBER THE FALCON MOBO! wich was supposed to be the DEFINITIOVE FIX)
    I wasn't referring to just the "Jaspers", I was referring to all of them some get the three red rings some don't its just the chance of the draw really, RROD is caused by heat melting/warping the board or removing the solder and severing connections so the only fixes are new heatsinks or better fans, clearly Microsoft did not think about this and are now just releasing new systems that are supposed to be problem free.

The main issue I think is the fact they have made the heatsinks fanless, there is a reason that PC heatsinks have fans and that is to continually cool the heatsink so that it can keep drawing more heat from the CPU & GPU, and once my Xbox gets back from Microsoft (RROD), I will be modding the heatsinks with two 80mm fans and creating holes in the top covered with mesh to let air intake.

They might just put system requirements on each game box after this is released.

-Requires 512 MB of RAM

lol another way to force customers to upgrade and ditch their older systems to boost sales?...

Why would anyone buy a new 360 for more NAND (FLASH) space, which is for Next Xbox Experience?
    It's NOT RAM people, X360 already has 512MBytes Unified RAM. (ps3 has 256 Main RAM and 256 Graphics RAM)

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News