Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Network Adapter Problems

Sponsored Links
    I cant figure this out. I can connect to the online gaming when i use the wireless gaming adapter through a lynsis access point which goes through a switch through a modem (westell/bellsouth) but I cant get online when i do direct connect.

The lights on the switch just flash and pulsate. I dod confirm a connection once but when I retest the connection it fails.

Is this a faulty network adapter (i dont know it would be since it connects wirelessly but IDK) or is it anything to do with the modem or firewall. I also tried direct connect.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ensure that you are using a straight-through EtherNet cable (as opposed to a cross-over EtherNet cable) to connect your PS2 Network Adapter to your switch/router. Review the various [Register or Login to view links] and ensure you are using the correct type.

Also, you mentioned that you plugged your PS2 directly into a switch. If you have more than one device on there that needs an internet connection, that switch must also be a router. It may have worked with WLAN since access points inherently are routers.

Just a couple ideas… Let us know how it goes.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Rook
    Ensure that you are using a straight-through EtherNet cable (as opposed to a cross-over EtherNet cable) to connect your PS2 Network Adapter to your switch/router. Review the various [Register or Login to view links] and ensure you are using the correct type.

Also, you mentioned that you plugged your PS2 directly into a switch. If you have more than one device on there that needs an internet connection, that switch must also be a router. It may have worked with WLAN since access points inherently are routers.

Just a couple ideas… Let us know how it goes.
    I re check cables and i was using the right one. so im still in the same boat. The lights on the switch just flashes or blinks but does not sty on even when testing in network configuration

i guess im going to buy a new network adapter.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News