Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Street V3

Sponsored Links

How do I patch NBA street 3?

Sponsored Links
    I never did a patch before, can I simply rip it to ISO and name the iso the same as the file name its looking for?

Thx

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I backed it up and rebuilt it and haven't had any problems using my SM 2.0 DVD.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Did you use the fix on this site? It looks for the specific file name of an ISO

Quote Originally Posted by JHFerry
    I never did a patch before, can I simply rip it to ISO and name the iso the same as the file name its looking for?
    That's precisely what you do.

Hmm, still a no go.

Using DVd decryptor I back up the dvd to an ISO. I renamed the .ISO to the correct file name. At this point I ran the patch and it was successful . I burned the new ISO back with Nero. The game gives me the blue successfull screen with Swap magic but then it hangs at the load screen.

Can someone see what Im doing wrong? Maybe its SM 2.0? I know its an older version.

Weird, maybe Im getting the file name wrong. Ir I rename the iso to DRK-NBA.ISO it starts the .exe and deletes the ISO! If I rename it ptc-nbasv3 it just craps out so I guess I am not applying the fix correctly.

If Im starting off with a freshly ripped iso, how exactly do I use this patch?

Quote Originally Posted by JHFerry
    If Im starting off with a freshly ripped iso, how exactly do I use this patch?
    You must name the ripped .iso file ptc-nbasv3.iso before you start the patching process. The patch creates a DRK-NBA.iso that will work with Swap Magic. You simply patch the DNAS files (if you want), then burn this new DRK-NBA.ISO like any other backup .iso image. Be aware, however, the patch requires several gigabytes of free space on your HDD to complete successfully.

If you simply cannot get the patch to work, make a straight 1:1 backup (without the patch) and do a TOC refresh with Swap Magic, CDLoader/DVDLoader, or CogSwapLoader. You'll just need an original DVD-5 game with a larger TOC size than NBA Street V3 (4,698,701,824 bytes). As you can see from the Official PS2 DVD TOC List thread, good choices would be Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, FIFA Soccer 2005, Manhunt, Sonic Heroes, or Resident Evil Outbreak.

Well I tried the patch as well, and it actually did everything correctly, but it was still bad on my ps2,

BUT I rebuilt manualy, and it runs very well (not perfect, 1 second pause on menus sometimes, but who cares gameplay is flawless)

SO if the patch doesnt work for you try rebuilding manualy.

How do i patch jak3 please anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyBite
    How do i patch jak3 please anyone?
    1. Make a Jak 3 thread.
    2. I hope you're talking about a HDD patch, because Jak 3 works fine as a direct swap from Swap Magic DVD 2.0.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News