Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Microsoft Rep on XBox 360 RROD Issue: They Fed Us to the Lions!

Sponsored Links
    More than a week ago, GamingConfidential reported that a Microsoft customer service representative foresaw an outbreak of the Red Ring of Death (RROD) issue once the New Xbox Experience becomes available.

While most scoffed at the idea, the prediction held true and MS service lines are white hot with calls from angry customers.

"I hate what the company did this year," says the rep. "They released the New Xbox Experience a few days after the extended warranty period ended for most users and it's tough to explain that to raging callers. How do you say that MS just screwed them all?"

He adds "our bosses really fed us to the lions this time. We're getting everything from crying kids to death threats from angry adults. It's an orgy, I tell ya."

The rep ended the short chat by lamenting how Xbox 360 owners are blaming the update for even the most far-fetched issues. An example, he says, is a call from a 32-year old man claiming that his house's power went out after updating. More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I guess that is why you should buy a ps3. 0.03 % failure rate and HOME will be released very very soon.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

PS3 Failure rates

Sponsored Links
    I don't think PS3's failure rates are that low! 0.04?!?!? C'mon!

After 6 months my lens died with no warning whatsoever, and, on top of that, I live in Romania, where Sony didn't launched the PS3 Oficially so no sony support!
    I think I got screwed up because I haven't received my bill when I bought the console (I bought it on-line and this is not Sony's fault though)! so I have to buy and replace my lense by myself! - > 80 Euro for a new console!

The lens problem was really overlooked but the PS3's failure rates are a tad higher than 0.04% I'm sure of that (probably somewhere at 3-5% at least)!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by mihaiolimpiu View Post
    I don't think PS3's failure rates are that low! 0.04?!?!? C'mon!

After 6 months my lens died with no warning whatsoever, and, on top of that, I live in Romania, where Sony didn't launched the PS3 Oficially so no sony support!
    I think I got screwed up because I haven't received my bill when I bought the console (I bought it on-line and this is not Sony's fault though)! so I have to buy and replace my lense by myself! - > 80 Euro for a new console!

The lens problem was really overlooked but the PS3's failure rates are a tad higher than 0.04% I'm sure of that (probably somewhere at 3-5% at least)!
    A lens problem is 60% of the PS3's failure rate, However the Failure rate is speculated between 0.02-0.06. However you are mistaken your own experience with how many others it happens to. I believe you over loaded the laser, most likely because the model to had was not compatible with your outlet. Sony doesn't cover Ebay bid's, and you have to consider how used it was.

As for Microsoft... I'm just tired of it. They almost had me sold on the 360, but why should I pay for something their just going to break. What they did was the same as throwing a ball towards a window. Chances are the window is going to break, That's why you BETA TEST! To see if the console can handle it. And yes I did just compare the Xbox to a Window. Funny thing since Microsoft makes Windows. =D

Quote Originally Posted by jro121782 View Post
    I guess that is why you should buy a ps3. 0.03 % failure rate and HOME will be released very very soon.
    I agree that surely the PS3's failure rate cannot be this low. But, Sony's customer support in the UK is excellent. When I had a problem with it, they replaced mine with a refurbished unit on my doorstep in 2 days. Wheras when my 360 got the RROD it took 3 weeks to have it repaired, plus I had to pack it up myself.

Registered User sapphireforever's Avatar
    Xbox has great games I would like to play, but it's this kind of thing that kept me away to buy one of them. Who has time to keep replace the unit.
    Last edited by sapphireforever; 11-21-2008 at 11:49 AM

Banned User

@CyanCaze

I bought it new, from an online store. But as we are from an ex-communist country, so are the laws here. Really light usage by the way, I'm hooked more on the Linux part than the GAMEOS part

Yeah, probably PS3 failure rates are not that high as I suggested but just a measly 0.03?!?!? NO WAY! I love my PS3, I live for it but it's a very complex machine, it HAS to be higher!

One explanation could be that the base hardware keeps on going, but HDD could fail, the card reader ports, Wireless, The sixaxis by itself, etc... Much of this is just going unannounced and therefor that ridiculously low failure rate!

On the other hand: HHEHE, Bwahhaha, Uhuhuhu, that is all I can say to a Xbox 360 owner who's box just crapped out on him!

I think most people getting a new unit now are in much better shape. I have both systems and the 360 is great. Its too bad that a rushed product and last minutes changes kept it from being a rock solid system. It has great games and features. I still play the 360 more than my ps3. I think its my established community online that has the edge.

Sure most games for the 360 are good, but most of them are for PC and the rest are out for the PS 3 too. And not to mention that the really good games are newer versions of series that started in the PS 2 ( Devil May Cry, Armored Core, Dragon Ball Z, etc, etc, and Microsoft are paying desesperately to the companies to make them release those games in the 360 )
    But as for the system itself...

I canīt believe that Microsoft continues releasing a new version that fix the problems of older ones, when this just come out with a new problem. But the most unbeliable thing is the people that bought it and support it. Iīm not saying that Microsoft is stealing the money to the people with the 360, but I rather the PS 3, itīs more reliable.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News