Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Results 1 to 9 of 9



  1. #1
    Junior Member Takavach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    498
    Sponsored Links

    Microsoft Hit with New XBox 360 'Design Defect' Suit

    Sponsored Links
    According to GameSpot, Microsoft is back in court defending its oft-maligned Xbox 360 hardware.

    An Oak Forest, Illinois, man filed suit against Microsoft in the Northern District of Illinois - Eastern Division earlier this month, saying the console maker has been unjustly enriching itself by selling Xbox 360 systems that it knows contain a material design defect.

    To quote: The alleged defect is presumably not the infamous "red ring of death" issue, as Microsoft admitted that flaw in July of 2007, months before the plaintiff purchased his system.

    The plaintiff wants his complaint approved for class-action status and to be awarded actual damages or other restitution determined during a trial. Additionally, he wants a court order preventing Microsoft from continuing to sell the Xbox 360.

    Microsoft Hit with New XBox 360 'Design Defect' Suit

    More PlayStation 3 News...

  2. #2
    Senior Member ZBlacktt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    147
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just wow! One has to wonder will this ever stop for the XBox console? I could have any console on the market. I own 8 or 9 now. Yet, I still haven't bought into this one because of the continuous horror stories. I mean, yeah red ring of death. Then there's the scratch laser on game disc's, the loud fan noises they some say sound like a helicopter, lol.

    To now this, yet another law suit. I mean we know it's considerably cheaper then the PS3. Yet, it surly seems to prove itself on why. Oh, then there's the people who are on console's 2,3,4 and 5. Man, I feel for you as a gamer.

  3. #3
    Senior Member PSPSwampy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    795
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ahh, a nice happy story to brighten my day!

    Well what do you expect - you buy microsoft and it crashes.
    In fact i'd put money on this being thrown out of court because this is a FEATURE of all microsoft products

    HAHAHA

    PSPSwampy.

  4. #4
    Senior Member saviour07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Takavach View Post
    Additionally, he wants a court order preventing Microsoft from continuing to sell the Xbox 360.
    I think that could be the single most funniest quote i've read to date

  5. #5
    Registered User jjmorris81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3
    Well the PS3 has its issues as well.. the blue ray laser going out anyone? My 2 year old PS3 laser died on me while watching a movie.

  6. #6
    Senior Member ZBlacktt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmorris81 View Post
    Well the PS3 has its issues as well.. the blue ray laser going out anyone? My 2 year old PS3 laser died on me while watching a movie.
    Yes, I've heard of this. But is it a 30% fail rate? Not sure it's cost Sony a billion dollars in repairs either. So I think the scale here is very different.

  7. #7
    Registered User jjmorris81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBlacktt View Post
    Yes, I've heard of this. But is it a 30% fail rate? Not sure it's cost Sony a billion dollars in repairs either. So I think the scale here is very different.
    Well yah cause we have to pay for the shipping and the repair... cause its out of warranty... I don't know your resources for this 30 day fail rate thing all I know is I was livid when I call sony and there like uhh we never heard of this and basically tell me to pund sand do they not read there forums?

    I know from other forums besides I was not the only one having this issue. At least MS extended there issue for a common issue and I have had my XBOX since 11/07 and my PS3 since 8/07 WTF barely 2 years and a laser burns out to I owned a ps1 and ps2 never had an issue just furious that it pooped out so quick and it was expensive to fix.

  8. #8
    Registered User jdubalo420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1

    jareds thought

    I completely agree with these ppl.. i mean the ps3 has way more functional things to it and definitely lasts way longer. i have had laser problems with my sony system tho i will say..

  9. #9
    Senior Member ZBlacktt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmorris81 View Post
    Well yah cause we have to pay for the shipping and the repair... cause its out of warranty... I don't know your resources for this 30 day fail rate thing all I know is I was livid when I call sony and there like uhh we never heard of this and basically tell me to pund sand do they not read there forums?

    I know from other forums besides I was not the only one having this issue. At least MS extended there issue for a common issue and I have had my XBOX since 11/07 and my PS3 since 8/07 WTF barely 2 years and a laser burns out to I owned a ps1 and ps2 never had an issue just furious that it pooped out so quick and it was expensive to fix.
    Not 30 day, 30 percent (%) failure rate. I hear ya on the Sony issue. I mean we all pay for a product and want it to last for a fair amount of time. As hot as the PS3's run.

    It's shocking to see they do last as long as they do. Because with some 22 million sold. The issue is not that great at all. Where the MS one is huge and that is why they had to extend the warranty to save face. They shipped a bad product and they knew about it before hand. When I first started hearing about the Sony issue. It seemed like it was just the 60g units.

    I know with the PS2, it had an issue with the laser tracker. But you could buy that off ebay for $15. I guess the point is. Everything mechanical can break. It's to what degree is the total volume of the products breaking that have sold. The PS3 will never reach that milestone the Xbox has achieved. While your PS3 only lasted 2 years. In that time hundreds of thousands of Xbox owners were on there 3rd and 4th consoles.

    oh and, Sorry to hear about your headache though with the PS3. As a gamer.
    Last edited by ZBlacktt; 07-31-2009 at 04:42 PM

 

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News