Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Microsoft Blocks Unauthorized XBox 360 Storage Devices

Sponsored Links
    Update: According to [Register or Login to view links], Datel has now filed an antitrust lawsuit in San Francisco federal court against Microsoft over their incompatible Max Memory cards.

Today Microsoft's Major Nelson has warned that next week's XBox 360 update will see the blocking of unauthorized storage devices such as the [Register or Login to view links] or [Register or Login to view links].

To quote: When Preview Program members start receiving the Xbox 360 system update next week, one of the changes is that unauthorized Memory Units will no longer work with the Xbox 360.

If you've moved your profile or saved games onto one to "back it up," you'd better move it back onto an authorized Xbox 360 storage device prior to taking the update.

If you continue to use an unauthorized Memory Unit after the update, you will not be able to access your stored profile or saved games.

If you need help identifying officially licensed [Register or Login to view links] or accessories you can read more about the [Register or Login to view links] on Xbox.com.

Microsoft Blocks Unauthorized XBox 360 Storage Devices

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's totally messed up that they can do this.

Salesman: "Congratulations on your purchase of our new car! Oh by the way, if you put a new stereo in, the car will refuse to start until you put the old one back in. That's just how it is."
    Last edited by rdreamernlcf; 10-17-2009 at 03:14 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It sounds a lot to me like what Sony did with the Firmware update to block out unlicensed game controllers.

unlicensed controllers in my opinion should be block so no argument with them on that.

That's insane. Block something because they aren't getting the money for it. This sort of thing ends up as a shot in your own foot in the end.

That's pretty effed up, I have several official M$ 512MB memory cards for my 360.

I though Sony didn't mean to block out the unlicensed stuff though boss? Only thing that pisses me off about this is M$ charges $29.99 for one 512 MB memory card! That is total BS!

Typical Microsoft, it's all about the lock-in.

i think the reason for this is because with the unofficial memory units you can transfer stuff to the pc and back again so there is more threat of cheating gamesave hacking so this way blocking them there basically eliminate the opportunity to do so thus making xbox live a better experience COD was ruined with save hacking.

the same will happen with PS3 once there hacking trophies and saves to exploit online play Sony will do the exact same as MS as there will be millions of people complaining cheaters cheaters (only difference with Sony is they will probable start locking the saves again).

ether way i bought a 120GB HDD Legit cost me 90 wasn't happy but hey its only money it would have went on shit any how.

Guys will this update also blocks third parties hdd just like im using a WD scorpio 160gb as 120gb in my xbox360?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News