Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Microsoft Announces Kinect Pricing and XBox 360 Slim Arcade

Sponsored Links
    Today Microsoft has officially announced the Kinect pricing, which comes bundled with Kinect Adventures, alongside the Xbox 360 Slim Arcade console.

Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg has confirmed that Kinect will indeed be the long-rumored $150 price when it is released this November.

The budget edition of the new version of the Xbox 360 will be released on August 3 for $199.99 and come with some differences beyond the storage space size.

Microsoft is also offering a bundle that includes a new Xbox 360 "S" Arcade and Kinect with Kinect Adventures for $299 that comes with 4GB of storage space.

Those that pre-order the bundle will also receive the following, to quote:

- Two exclusive levels of Rallyball-"Chomper" and "Twisters"-where you challenge multiple waves of spinning and chomping Rallyball patterns!
    - One exclusive level of Reflex Ridge, "Champion," where you dodge obstacles, collect pins and race against time.
    - An exclusive Kinect Adventures Helicopter prop for your avatar.

Kinect Adventures will come with 20 mini-games and support up to two players at a time. 15 other games will launch with Kinect on November 4.

The new Arcade will also have a matte black finish as opposed to the glossy black finish that its big brother sports. A Kinect bundle will be available as well for $299.99. Those that pre-order the Xbox 360 Arcade and Kinect bundle will receive the following:

- Two exclusive levels of Rallyball-"Chomper" and "Twisters"-where you challenge multiple waves of spinning and chomping Rallyball patterns!
    - One exclusive level of Reflex Ridge, "Champion," where you dodge obstacles, collect pins and race against time.
    - An exclusive Kinect Adventures Helicopter prop for your avatar.

More importantly, the Arcade will retain the internal Wireless N Wifi adapter that the 250GB model has. It will also, of course, have an empty internal hard drive bay for any consumers that want to expand their space.

Microsoft Announces Kinect Pricing and XBox 360 Slim Arcade

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Kinect just keeps looking less and less tempting with each piece of news I find about it. I don't think many people will jump on Kinect at a 150$ price. But I guess the 4gb slim arcade bundle would be tempting if I didn't already own a 360.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Meh, why does sony and ms have to hop on the Nintendo bandwagon. No one's going to buy this, when they can get get an actual Wii for the same price.

well both sony and ms seen how nintendo was winning the war with it's controls and games aimed at not just kids but older people who dont usually play video games so they wanna piece of that but tbh i think that sony's wii mote will dominate because the games seem more fun and more kids with a wii are jumping over to sony as they get older... xbox kinect seems cool but i can tell that there will be problems with it just like the eye toy and the ps eye... the wii mote and ps3's move just looks like it will have much more acuracy.

i'm going to pick one up just to see if it can be hacked. i'm bored with all my other toys, & i just sold my jtag, so this should be interesting.

The drive is currently being worked on towards being hacked...

I might pick it up. I just found out my xbox's rrod was caused by a faulty power cord (I have an extra one due to having to buy a second one) so I might mod it because it still works.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News