Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Metal Gear Solid: Rising Confirmed for XBox 360, E3 Trailer out!

Sponsored Links
    It was confirmed by Hideo Kojima himself, Metal Gear Solid will now be on the Xbox 360 and the next game will be called Metal Gear Solid: Rising. It will revolve around Raiden.

This now means that if a game like Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out again with the same capacity used the Xbox 360 version will need at least 2 discs, most likely 3.

To quote: Konami head honcho Hideo Kojima sensationally appeared on stage at the Microsoft E3 presser and announced Metal Gear Solid: Rising.

MGS 2's Raiden will be the star this time. No Snake.

"The Metal Gear Solid series is one of the most highly acclaimed video game franchises of all time," said Anthony Crouts, vice president of marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment.

"With Metal Gear Solid: Rising, the Xbox 360 community will finally get a chance to enjoy the action and excitement that this popular franchise is known to offer."

So, all those rumors of a Metal Gear coming to Xbox 360 were true.

Press Release: Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., announced today that Metal Gear Solid: Rising is currently in development for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft - the first Metal Gear Solid game to launch on the Xbox 360. Raiden, one of the most popular characters in the Metal Gear Solid universe, will star in the all-new title from Hideo Kojima.

Raiden first debuted in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty PlayStation2 computer entertainment system as a playable character and appeared as a non-playable cyborg in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the PLAYSTATION3 computer entertainment system.

"The Metal Gear Solid series is one of the most highly acclaimed video game franchises of all time," said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. "With Metal Gear Solid: Rising, the Xbox 360 community will finally get a chance to enjoy the action and excitement that this popular franchise is known to offer."

Metal Gear Solid: Rising is scheduled to be released on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system. For more information on Konami, please visit: [Register or Login to view links]

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i think compared to Mgs4 this games will be no where as good.

i hope it doesnt hurt the fanchise.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think I finally figured this out. Rising will be the 360 exclusive with Raiden and Sony will get MGS5 with Big Boss. I personally prefer Big Boss as he is my favorite character even more then Ocelot and Solid Snake. So no real loss for me. As long as I get my BIG BOSS I will be fine.

Metal Gear Solid Rising will be multiplatform and will probably change the gamestyle a bit I think that rather than a Stealth action game it will be a full action one with less emphasis on story and more on full action. Wait until Sony's conference tomorrow for the announcement.

I hope Kojima dies!!!

Epic failures everywhere. No Snake, failure, Xbox, well I understand business, but come on there sell out. Raiden as the main guy? Failure, doomed, little history, bad character morals as a lead. He is Robin to snake being Batman. Btw, man I totally didn't like MGS2 compared to the other MGS games and I've been there since day one. Damn Raiden being a total rookie in the game just out of school and all. Came back epic in MGS4. But he is no snake or Big Boss. Wonder if this will take 5 years in the making too like FFXIII for the Xbox.

btw, love the what 2 people that clapped there at the end of the video, lol...
    Last edited by ZBlacktt; 06-02-2009 at 03:49 AM

Haha

haha ... i cant believe that ... and dont know where kojima get this idea from but i laugh my ass off since i heard that mgs is coming to xbox360 ... here u are "crapsixty" owners

you will have full metal gear solid game on ur "priceless" console - expect that it will be without Snake buahahah ...

i personally dont give a crap for mgs without snake ... raiden was ok in the series but making a game with him as main character is a mistake ... cheers

I think it was always going to end up on the 360 at some point, but I'm glad Kojima did it this way by starting a new chapter rather than porting MGS4 - and if this isn't exclusive it just shows how lame Microsoft are bigging a 3rd party multi plat game up

I hope we have some good surprises today at Sony, and if there is a new MGS game made to be exclusive it will be another hit for Sony with a bold statement

We'll have to wait and see..

I think it will be a new experience for Kojima and MGS-fans to play raiden and not snake. I hope this will get as well as all the other Mgs titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsp View Post
    I think it will be a new experience for Kojima and MGS-fans to play raiden and not snake. I hope this will get as well as all the other Mgs titles.
    This is what MGS2 (Sons of Liberty) is. You play Raiden and he his not so epic at all like he is in MGS4. Snake is in the game as well. Yet, he play's along side you to help in the missions.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News