Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Lone Developer Initiates 100-Day Protest at Nintendo for NDS SDK

Sponsored Links
    Recently Bob Pelloni, the man who spent five years making a 'homebrew' Nintendo DS RPG called Bob's Game entirely by himself is ready to do something pretty drastic.

As Nintendo won't give him the Nitro software development kit (why not Google, it's been on the Internet for ages?), he's prepared to lock himself in for 100 days in protest. He won't have any luxuries like a TV, just enough power to check his e-mail in the hope Nintendo will actually get in touch with him.

A trailer for Bob's Game is below, and to quote on it: This is my game for Nintendo DS, a 20-hour-long retail-size, retail-quality adventure title by a single human being.

"Bob's Game" is a simple 2D adventure game with focus on story, puzzles, items, and communication. Many characters have deep personalities that evolve, and many events depend on the in-game time and day.

It's the game I wanted to play when I was younger, a vision I've been following since then.

This game is a sort of masterpiece for me. I've invested well over 15,000 hours into this game's development over five years. That is no exaggeration. All concepts, story, code, sprites, tiles, music, samples, fonts, etc. were created entirely by me from scratch.

It's programmed in straight C- originally for the GameBoy Advance in mid 2003. As soon as the DS came out I jumped at the chance to use the new touchscreen and features and ported right over.

I'm proud of my work, and I'm sure that shows- I have a lot of passion for what I do. I believe that in some cases "too many cooks spoil the broth." In my opinion, the best games are the ones designed by one guy with a vision. In this case, it can't be any more pure or true than that.

I'd love to hear any constructive criticism or suggestions you might have that would help me improve it. More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I personally believe the best games come from the small guys who do IT as a hobby.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    I think i have read this post 3 times over the last week just to get a laugh.... Hope the poor guy is doing ok....

Someone please give this guy a job...HE DESERVES IT!!! ....or at least enough $$ for him to buy a tee-shirt to sit at his computer with...lol

But seriously i say nintendo owes him a job!!!

thats my 2cents

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News