Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Launch Day XBox 360s No Longer Under Three-Year Warranty

Sponsored Links
    An anonymous e-mail hit the tips line earlier today and after placing a call with Microsoft's technical support, we can confirm that starting February 2, all launch day Xbox 360s will no longer be covered by Microsoft's three-year extended warranty.

The warranty should have technically ended at the end of September last year, as I was told by the technical support agent.

If you're unfortunate enough to own a launch version of the Xbox 360 and need to send it in for repairs after February 2, you'll have two options available to you. You can either call Xbox's support line and get the unit fixed for $119, or you can just go to Xbox's [Register or Login to view links] and get the unit fixed for $99, saving yourself $20.

It looks like Microsoft is attempting to cut the amount of calls they get by giving customers a "discount" by having them go through the online page.

You pretty much have until the end of today to claim your launch Xbox 360 broken due to the Red Rings of Death to avoid paying the fee.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well, seems most of the launch day 360s are returned already. though I still have two consoles on hand, but they were teared apart on the very first day when I got them.

good luck for those who are still lucky not facing this RROD issue.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Microsoft sure know how to annoy its customers don't they, GL to anyone with a Launch 360, start praying it doesnt die.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News