Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Konami to Ditch Online IDs Starting with PES 2010

Sponsored Links
    Beginning with the release of Pro Evolution Soccer 2010, Konami stated they are no longer using Online ID Codes when speaking to French site [Register or Login to view links].

However, as expected it is unfortunately too late to change the requirements for past titles such as Metal Gear Online despite the widespread registration issues.

It is comforting to know that soon you will just be able to get a new game and go online without having to add two proprietary IDs, as Microsoft and Sony will be running the servers versus Konami.

To quote: Konami's online games - like Metal Gear Online - have really suffered from the company's insistence on using two proprietary online IDs, despite the fact your console already has one. Looks like that practice may be coming to an end.

Yes, up til now if you wanted to play a Konami game on your console, not only have you needed a 360 or PS3 online account, you've also needed a Konami ID AND an account with the relevant game. So three accounts.

But the publishers of Metal Gear and Pro Evo have today confirmed with Gamekyo that this year's version of Pro Evolution Soccer won't require a Konami ID for online play.

Instead, Microsoft and Sony will run the game's servers, meaning when you want to play an online game, you can just... play an online game.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Finally

Sponsored Links
    It's about time I say!!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    not necessarily a good thing. I dont want an ID tied to my console that would result in that console being banned should the ID be used improperly (not necessarily by me).

Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    not necessarily a good thing. I dont want an ID tied to my console that would result in that console being banned should the ID be used improperly (not necessarily by me).
    Well, if it helps in the banning it would be a good thing. Because that game is FULL of lag switchers. Just awful awful and it used to be so much fun... back in June 2008 to Sept 2008 that is, lol... I still play, it just gets old with all these bulletproof player's that get these super incredible head shots from across the map at moving targets with a single shot. Then say it's SKILLS... yeah, ok.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News