Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How exactly do you fail with a remake? I figure Squeenix has so much experience with remakes it should be a simple affair. My guess is that the Enix portion of Square Enix is trying to whore out the stupid Dragon Quest series, which is hindering new FF properties (not counting 13).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    after playing dawn of mana and a few of the latest square-enix games, the quality of their games has dropped significantly. they have remade and ported their past ff games for all to enjoy and now the collection is completed. the next logical step should be ff7 which they have created extras content for that no other ff games has received. clearly this is one of the more popular sequel and hopefully after 13 they will consider something for it.

if it was me i would milk ff7 for everything it got. ff games arguably do better in sales than dragon quest/warrior 8 or any dq in fact and even in japan where they claimed to be fanatic about it. so to focus more time time on dq rather than ff is absurd on their part.

Sponsored Links

ff7 remake is a must

Sponsored Links
    I know a lot of my friends would buy the PS3 just for a FF7 remake. Showing a "tech Demo" was some punshment from Square if the did not intend to make the full game.

They just remade FF for the PSP so they know remakes sell.

I agree. A remake of FF7 would be great and they could make a lot of cash easily.

Yea they are. I hate Square Enix. Can't they do something right. I hate them

Am I the only one who wants more original games? I feel ya that the game is great (I personally loved it) and it broke records and its instilled into your minds as one of the best games in the history of videogames (which is it) but lets have some new stories, characters, and such... its too soon for that remake anyway.. I'll wait till the NEXT gen after this one before I want to see that remake happen...

New is fine, and FF13 looks fantastic, but I think everyone agrees that:

1. FF7 was the best FF ever.
    2. FF7: Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus did nothing to quench our thirst.

It's just something that's bound to happen.

"SE don't want to take the risk, because what if the fans don't like it?..."

Ehm, there are more than a hundred fans, working in the company, to fend off bad directions. But what bad directions can there possibly be, when ALL we ask (and only have been asking for) is an upgrade in the graphics. (ala ResidentEvil 1 vs ResidentEvil 4). The original songs included, with optional remixes like the ones in FF7AC - can be a plus, too.

I know about a dozen guys who wouldn't touch FF7, for its graphics; gamers spoiled by PS2 and PC games. My point is that with improved visuals, not only fans will buy it. It wouldn't be a stretch to say, that the number of customers will be minimum (and I mean minimum) 2x the original customers.

I think FF8 is the best FF ever.

its way too 'Fantasy'

Quote Originally Posted by somari View Post
    I know about a dozen guys who wouldn't touch FF7, for its graphics; gamers spoiled by PS2 and PC games. My point is that with improved visuals, not only fans will buy it. It wouldn't be a stretch to say, that the number of customers will be minimum (and I mean minimum) 2x the original customers.
    The game isnt magical. Honestly play it again. Its good because you remember how awsome it was when it came out or the first time you played it.

But the game is dated. Its nothing special. Even the story isnt that amazing. There is little depth to the game. The reason most people even LOVE FF7 is because its the game that got the them into RPGs. Play an RPG like Xenosaga; you'll get far more story; the essence of rpgs.

Releasing it with better graphics alone would just exposed how little there is to the game. You would want more then a simple plot and cut & dry bad guys. The new graphics will make you think its a new game but the gameplay is straight our of the 90s. So just new graphics would suck. Now adding stuff could possibly ruin the game; so it is a risk. And of course even if they do make a remake; there will always be people who say the old versions was better and more original.

Odds are someday they will release it, when they run of new ideas.
    Last edited by SovietSlayer; 07-21-2007 at 04:18 AM

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News