Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Jack Thompson is now Permanently Disbarred

Sponsored Links
    Is it finally game over for Florida lawyer and violent video game opponent Jack Thompson?

Judgment has been entered in the case that started last year and came to a head when Judge Dava Tunis recommended permanent disbarment for the bombastic, showboating law man. The court has approved the report and has ordered that Jack Thompson is officially disbarred as of 30 days from today.

To quote: The Court approves the corrected referee's report and John Bruce Thompson is permanently disbarred, effective thirty days from the date of this order so that respondent can close out his practice and protect the interests of existing clients.

If respondent notifies the Court in writing that he is no longer practicing and does not need the thirty days to protect existing clients, this Court will enter an order making the permanent disbarment effective immediately. Respondent shall accept no new business from the date this order is filed.

Note that Thompson still has a chance for a retrial, only due to court sanctions the motion must me submitted by a member of the Florida Bar in good standing, and I don't know that anyone wants to touch this one.

It's also worth noting that along with disbarment, Thompson has been ordered to reimburse the Florida Bar fees amounting to $43,675.35. Ouch.

Finally, Thompson's official response can be now found [Register or Login to view links]. More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Finally, and very good news to hear indeed.

Registered User PeacefulDiscord's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    He had it coming... Picking on video games (mostly GTA) as a way to get in on the whole, 'OMG!!! This video game has a guy pointing a gun at another guy and shooting him till he bleeds to death!!' Isn't that what theatre has been showing us since Shakespear?!?!

Jack Thompson, his reign of terror has been ended thanks to Judge Dava Tunis (I secretly bet he/she played video games) and never again shall he make a mockery of the video gaming community.

Maybe now people will revert to other forms of entertainment to bash such as... hmmm... car racing... I bet people will go, 'Racing teaches our children that driving fast will make them rich and famous but it really gets them killed! What these men call entertainment, we call murder!!'

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thank god! I don't like people like him. Suing the company because some kid pulled off so GTA stunts. That's kind of like suing Miller Lite because a person got drunk off it and shot someone.

Now I would like everyone to note that I am not that big of fan of GTA. And that some stupid people would think it's cool to do that stuff in real life. But the majority of people wouldn't, and that's the same as the majority of people wouldn't drive drunk.

I'm glad Rock star games got this thorn removed (and anyone else he sued).

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News