Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Red Face Help with SwapMagic

Sponsored Links
    My PS2 can read the Swapmagic 3.8 coder cd but not the DVD. It can play PS2 game DVDs, CDs, Ps1 games, and DVDs. Should I open up my PS2 and try adjusting the lens? The disk I noticed is larger than my regular PS2 dvd; is it a DVD9? Or is it just off balance?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can still softmod the ps2 by using that swapmagic cd.

After the mod you can boot games from hd or boot swapmagic from the memorycard.

I cant help you with the adjusting the lens perhaps someone else can

Sponsored Links

Cool

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by willy101 View Post
    My PS2 can read the Swapmagic 3.8 coder cd but not the DVD. It can play PS2 game DVDs, CDs, Ps1 games, and DVDs. Should I open up my PS2 and try adjusting the lens? The disk I noticed is larger than my regular PS2 dvd; is it a DVD9? Or is it just off balance?
    Most likely your SM DVD disc could be the problem, as you mentioned it seems to read everything else.

The only time you need to adjust your laser is if you here a lot of clinking sounds when you try to boot a DVD up or a clinking sound can be the laser guide arm also, but if you can get a friends SM dvd disc if he has one to try or try the SM 3.6 dvd disc if you can borrow one.

I would try that first before even trying to open up your ps2, but you should clean your laser with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swap to make sure your laser just doesn't need cleaning.

Thanks, although on my friend's ps2 my swap magic does boot... I didn't try any games though... Very strange. Swap Magic 3.8 isn't a dvd9 is it? I don't know if my ps2 is able to read DVD9s. I've heard that there is a way to boot DvD game backups using the CD swap magic. Is this true?

Sorry for posting in the wrong section and thanks for your help.
    Last edited by willy101; 02-21-2007 at 09:19 PM

Swapmagic coder v3.8 dvd is not a DVD9 disc and you can do a TOC refresh with the cd SM disc by using a original game disc that is 4.37GB in size which makes the ps2 think it is going to play an original game, check in the PS2 1.1 Chat Forum as there are threads on this TOC procedure already.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Swapmagic coder v3.8 dvd is not a DVD9 disc and you can do a TOC refresh with the cd SM disc by using a original game disc that is 4.37GB in size which makes the ps2 think it is going to play an original game, check in the PS2 1.1 Chat Forum as there are threads on this TOC procedure already.
    I have the same problem but instead the cd won't read but the dvd will.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by petelongwood View Post
    I have the same problem but instead the cd won't read but the dvd will.
    It it reading other cd games fine?

There are different "pots" to adjust for both cd and dvd, but i would suggest cleaning your lens with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol before looking into pot adjustments.. and tbh some find it easier to just replace the laser that messing with the pots.

freemcboot

what about the free mcboot program? you know the exploit for ps2 that boots straight from mem card?

Lightbulb

Try to use a cd or dvd lens cleaner disk first to see if that helps.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News