hdadvance 3 issues

Hi,

I realise the world has moved on to better consoles, but i have acquired some free equipment and want to make the most of it.

I have a fat ps2, with network adaptor and hdd. Its not modded. Ive bought a copy of HDADVANCE 3.0.

If i stick an original in and convert, the game appears on the hdd, and runs without issue.

If i download ISO's and put them onto the hdd, then none of those work. The games appear in the list, but on selecting them the screen just turns blank.

Do those ISO's need to be patched or something applied to them before they will work with HDADVANCE 3?

I tried old games, new games, CD games, DVD games. Tried also many modes for running those games, just a black screen on everyone. Apart from the game i ripped in the ps2 itself.

any help appreciated

Banned User

All games need to be converted like you did the one working already there is a tool so you can RIP the ISO (sort of) directly to the HDD (without the need to burn the disk - which from what I know it won't work if you don't have a modchip - EDIT: IT SEEMS HDADVANCE DOES NOT REQUIRE A MODCHIP IF YOU HAVE THE ORIGINAL CD-DVD?! I did a quick search ...).

Search google ad it will give you great answers like!
    Software (you can get all these from http://www.sksapps.com/):
    - HDLoader (for the PS2 – to load games from the HDD)
    - For the PC – to copy games from your PC to HDD)

Say "THANK YOU"
    Last edited by mihaiolimpiu; 04-27-2009 at 02:05 PM

Hi there

You need to 'transfer' the iso's from your puter to the PS2. I found HDL Dump to be just the ticket. With it you can transfer via a crossed networkcable from the pc to the PS2 via the networkadaptor.

Normally you don't need to patch the games to run them.

WinThatBago