Has the XBox 360 Console Accepted its Defeat in 2009?

Xbox 360 has been more successful than PlayStation 3 in the last 2 years, dominating in both hardware and software sales... but 2009 has been dry for Xbox 360.

According to a series of recent reports by the research group DFC Intelligence, the game industry is poised to see enormous overall growth in 2009.

DFC estimates that the videogame market will swell to $47 billion, a 42 percent increase over the $33 billion generated by the industry in 2006. That forecast includes revenue from videogame hardware and software sales.

PlayStation 3's exclusive line-up this year is great, and is already helping Sony with some decent sales, but Microsoft seems to be doing nothing in order to get their share from that $47 billion as there is no 360 exclusive sure to make a splash this year.

I think Microsoft is already too late, even if they unveil some exclusives or yet another batch of paid-for exclusive DLC's they won't be able to release them this year.

I am sure Microsoft has some aces up their sleeves, but shouldn't they be rolled out by now? Share your thoughts below.

More PlayStation 3 News...

I am not surprised by this news. It was obvious that the ps3 would make a come-back but that doesn't mean the microsoft lost. I don't want to spread any rumors but this might hint that microsoft has already begun working on its next console to take over the gaming industry.

I looked at the upcoming games list for this year, and the only two exclusives that I want are Klonoa and Punch Out, both on Wii. Barring some great announcement at E3, this looks like a pitiful year for all 3 consoles.

That said, I have been enjoying some cheap but well made games on XNA lately, a service that Sony has nothing to compete with.

Most likely during E3, they'll spill the beans..

As far as exclusives go Infamous is just around the corner and I'm expecting Cross Edge, Fat Princess, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time, God of War 3 (if it indeed releases this year), Heavy Rain, L.A. Noire (if it's still exclusive) and Twisted Metal (unsure if it releases this year). I say it's a pretty plump release package for 2009 not counting some games that escape my mind right now, I wouldn't call that pitiful at all unless of course you don't own a PS3 or are extremely picky about gaming.

On the 360 that I find interesting Halo 3 ODST, Blue Dragon 2 (If it indeed comes this year) and thats it.

For Wii that I find interesting Fatal Frame 4, Punch Out and Final Fantasy IV the After Years.

So, I guess I'll remain happy with my PS3 and their "pitiful" exclusives.

As for the 360 droping the ball, since they don't have their first party studios working as much as Sony's their exclusives are dependent on 3rd parties and most of them are going multiplatform, why spend so much money on a game and limit their income to just one console.

The downfall of Microsoft will be the first party studios sitting on their asses and the overspending on exclusives, imagine an "investment" of 50 million on a game that doesn't make that much in sales, maybe a game not so obvious to make a killing like GTA 4 DLC but something else. Enough of those and it's back to the red for MS. And lately this "exclusives" are just for a period of time and many gamers can wait for the expanded version on the other console.

A new console by MS would mean spending a bucketload of money on developement and it will be the equivalent of giving the finger to their loyal customer again like they did with the original Xbox.

Its not all about exclusives its how good the games are i don't care if one game come out on one console as long as its good. i have all off the next gen console Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii.. now the misses has the Wii. i own the other two i have 8 game for the PS3 and over 70 for the 360 as i feel the 360 is a stronger console due to its online capacity (not how long its been out and its Xbox Live service).

i will continue to buy 360 games because i prefer the 360 the next one being Chronicles of riddik out next week cant wait but there are none on the PS3 that makes me want to spend money on it. i can get most of the games on 360 and play them with my m8s as one thing i hate, damn hate, about the PS3 is it does not have features that are mandatory for good online play, an invite feature to invite friends into any game (not including games that support it built in) or even a party voice chat system to talk to my m8s as i play an other game.. but these may be added in later to the firmware (lets hope so) as for the wii i don't care lol its the misses console she only plays CSI.

my opinion is not to believe what statistics say they are only going on the couple of thousand they tracked or sony could be paying them to say stuff you never know but to pick what console you want like i done i chose both but prefer the 360 but you will always get the fanboys on both sides or three including the wii that will defend the console to the end lol and curse the others as they feel it inferior to the other.

thank you for reading pease out