Surazal has revealed that the difference between a demo and full XBox Live Arcade game is only a few hex-edit away, as follows:
- Arcade Demo to Full Converter (ADFC) v0.1 is the Xbox 360 Arcade Demo to Full Converter.
- Yaris-Swap v0.02 is a program that will patch any Xbox360 arcade game or downloadable content from a trial version to the full version.
- Find a copy of Yaris (this game was chosen as it runs everywhere as full).
- Open the pirs file in your favorite hex editor (filename was FB9310B8893A3FD01C443A29AC246493393E399558 )
- Copy everything from 0x22C to 0x25F inclusive.
- Shown as selected on this image below (guess you don't need to find Yaris if you want to just copy the values highlighted).
- Open your destination (in my case Castle Crashers filename: F9432A7FE407A3C196C95D0FFD4A540937FD4EEC58) select 0x22C, and paste (overwrite, not insert). File size should NOT change.
- Now you can burn the game to a cd. Fails to load from the HDD so far.
Example for Castle Crashers the path on the CD would be (other games should go in the folder you copied them from):
I was only saying the other day about how I loved the fact you can download trials of the arcade games before buying on the 360 - guess those days will be gone soon. It will end up like the ps3 where you have to buy them just to try them.
There are a lot of smaller game developers out there who will really miss out because ms do not like to give anything for free and so will just remove it.
I appreciate that at the moment its not something that just anyone can do but it wont be long.