Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Arrow Graphic Artists - PS3 News is Seeking a New Site Logo!

Sponsored Links
    While work continues towards moving to vBulletin 4, we are seeking to update the PS3 News site logo with an identifiable/recognizable one that creates a branded feel.

It should be fairly simple, something that could be used on the site as well as printed on a T-Shirt, etc so nothing overly detailed.

If anyone has ideas, concepts or designs feel free to post them below. The size of the logo (white or transparent background is preferred) will likely be around 150x90 with a 50x50 matching avatar to be used as a default one for those who don't set choose their own.

One idea I have since the site is called PS3 News is to incorporate a news tower in it (see examples of a tower below), but of course creativity is welcomed and any fonts can be used as well.

I will +Rep all decent replies, and if we end up picking one of them to actually use on the new site then by all means let us know if you'd like something in return (Premium Membership, PayPal gift, etc) and we will make it happen for your effort!

PS: If anyone is a Facebook guru (I can't stand it) let us know below also, as once the new Forum goes live the next step is to overhaul our Facebook page with a more friendly layout and URL.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

tower1.jpg   tower2.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm interested in the Facebook part.

Am a super-active Facebooker, so whatcha looking for exactly?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I can probably help with FB too, I manage a corporate FB page for my company.

As for the logo, wish I was better at drawing because I'd love to take a crack at it. We should ask condorstrike.
    Last edited by severusx; 03-24-2011 at 01:33 PM

Yeah, condorstrike is the artist in this condo. '

The first thing to change on FB is PS3NewsDotCom to just plain PS3 News

Agreed, assuming the name isn't taken. Although I'm not sure you can change a page's alias after it is set the first time. We may need to create a new page altogether.

Although this is probably not possible with over 2000 followers.
    Last edited by severusx; 03-24-2011 at 02:49 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Any specific colour for the background of the 150x90 logo? Or will you change the header based on the colour of the background in the winning logo?

The background of the logo should probably be white or transparent, as our header background will remain white as well.

As for Facebook, we are mainly seeking a more friendly URL than the lengthy one ([Register or Login to view links]) with the default destination being the wall page with RSS news posts on it.

I'm not sure if users can move one Facebook account (or the followers) to another, but if not we can probably find a way to modify the current one when the time comes.

We also tried several RSS apps for it before but they tended to either stop working sporadically or would mail us each time someone commented on a post there (which got annoying) even though it was specifically check-boxed not to send any mail updates.

Yes, you can't change your Username a.k.a the Facebook URL once you have confirmed it. You can't move the 'likers' to others. But we can just do a little advertisement on our front page, asking people to 'like' us on our new page for updates.

Seeing the number of visitors this site gets, you probably won't have a problem getting fans. The current format on the website is the logo of 'Facebook Connect' which is inappropriate as it links us to the Facebook fanpage, we should instead have a like box on the side or below each page so that people could like individual posts.

Also, the people who eventually get the job of managing the Facbook account of PS3 News could regularly interact by posting polls and stuff apart from the regular news feed. Just my Food for Thought

Yep, we will have "like" buttons for articles when we make the move to vB4 so I'm on the same page with you there.

If the Facebook URL can't be changed then yea, we can probably just create a new one... unless we try contacting them and seeing if someone who handles Facebook accounts can manually update it for us (doubtful, but perhaps worth a try anyway).

Playing around with the logo. I like it, dunno if anyone else would.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

logo.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News