Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Thanks DaedalusMinion, and don't you worry... once we finish getting the rest of the modules ported to vB4 so the site can run smoothly then next on my list will be to tackle that Facebook project. I don't have an exact ETA, but a decent estimate would be after this week as I anticipate it will take about that long to finish what we have left.
    No Problem, just happy to help.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I took another shot today (after been i'll for quite a few days) at another design. Leaving the judgement to you guys.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

Logo 14.png   Logo 15.png   Logo 16.png  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    the demo will be removed...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ps3newsmenor.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	29695Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ps3nlogo.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	29696Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ps3news_render_demo.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	29694

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquesjk View Post
    the demo will be removed...
    Thanks for the try, but we are not a clan. That banner/header looks like one from a Killzone 3 clan.

and is straight up IP theft lol

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Definitely a better design for a logo over your last one, and +Rep azaxsyn!
    Thanks, I also think its much better

blablabl.jpg  

Another version of the last one but, with forum colours (Close enough anyway -_-)

Logo Coloured.jpg  

Thumbs Up

Here's my input. Feel free to edit it, and also if you want something changed email me.

(Personally I'd have a bigger banner,900x---. That's what I had back in the day lol)

ben2005 ps3news banner.png  

Here are two more concepts ...

ps3-news-com2.jpg   ps3-news-com1.jpg  
    Last edited by OGroteKoning; 04-06-2011 at 05:56 AM

I finally had time to catch back up on our quest for an official site logo and have +Rep'd everyone who posted a design since my last round of Reputations... Thanks guys for sharing them all! Here is a summary of my feedback on the most recent replies:

DaedalusMinion: Regarding your Facebook POC Page ([Register or Login to view links]) for us... I notice it now says at the top "PS3News.com" which is great, it appears the next step is to get enough people to like it so that we can be able change it to a "friendly" Facebook URL from my understanding. If this is correct, let me know and we can post it in the Site News to give it some attention and move forward with it.

aamir007: That is a nice design, a bit too simple (including the colors) for me though but Thanks!

jacquesjk: I agree with oVERSoLDiER on that design, it looks very smooth but perhaps geared more towards a clan than what I am seeking in a branded logo for the site.

Treacles: Not a bad concept, especially considering how little room there is to work in... I can't say I am a big fan of the colors though.

ben2005: The antenna coming out of the gamepad is a nice touch, but I am seeking something a little more unique overall I think.

OGroteKoning: The first one is kinda cool, although a little plain in black and white. The second is a lot more colorful but a little 'generic' with just the PS3 font and button icons... Thanks for sharing them though!

So where does this leave us... well, we are 12 pages in and there are a handful of designs with potential here but none that I am ready to offer the $100 to and slap on our site just yet.

Now that our vB4 site is live I can make some decisions and be more specific on what we are seeking in a 'perfect' logo. Here is some criteria thus far:
    • The logo should look decent with a transparent background, or able to be made that way upon being selected (most are).
    • The logo design should be unique so that when seen the first thing that comes to a viewer's mind is our site, not "Sony" or "PlayStation 3" so try to avoid using pics of the PS3 itself or accessories, font etc.
    • The logo should match the site/forum colorscheme (white, black, grey, silver and our blue shades) to naturally blend/fit in.
    • The logo should be visually appealing/friendly horizontally at 150x90, vertically at 46x180 and as our default Forum avatar at 50x50. This is the biggest issue as the same exact logo likely won't work in all three placements just by rotating/resizing it so we need a basic logo design that is versatile enough to work for them all.

We will leave this thread open for more design ideas and submissions, and in the next week or so I also plan to get in touch with some graphic designers who may be able to assist us. It would be cool if the designer was a Forum user here, but it definitely isn't mandatory so we won't rule out getting some outside help on this project too.

Sponsored Links

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News