Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just something I came up with.. I created it in high resolution.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

PS3news_logo.png   PS3news_logo_back.png  

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok, did some tweaking based on your suggestions. Got rid of the extra lighting over the PS3 section and tried to keep the overall color scheme as close to the new forum as possible.

Only problem is when I change/reduce the lighting, the PS3 writing (and waves) turn more of a darker gray color, the text can be adjusted to be lighter colored silver if need be, it will just take some more doing. Also the less lighting I use on the middle section (to make it darker and less light-blue) the less the tiles stand out as shiny 3D-like objects. Not sure if that matters or not, but something to think about.

I also modified your forum picture with my updated logo for easy comparison purposes. Let me know if you want to see any changes, I don't mind as I enjoy doing stuff like this.

Oh wait a second, when you said darker blues, did you mean the really dark blues on the page?

ps3news-logo5-blue-draft2.png   oversized2.png  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    my try.

Azax-PS3NEWS.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by DanyL View Post
    Just something I came up with.. I created it in high resolution.
    Off-topic: I've seen your excellent coding work before! On-topic: It definitely meets the simple criteria, maybe a tad oversimplified for my own taste but +Rep for the sharing the design DanyL!
    Quote Originally Posted by azaxsyn View Post
    my try.
    If we ever are seeking a PS3 News car hood ornament emblem, this design would likely be the one we'd roll with- nice job! For our site logo, I am not as confident but +Rep for sharing the concept azaxsyn.
    Quote Originally Posted by leukotic View Post
    Ok, did some tweaking based on your suggestions. Got rid of the extra lighting over the PS3 section and tried to keep the overall color scheme as close to the new forum as possible.

Only problem is when I change/reduce the lighting, the PS3 writing (and waves) turn more of a darker gray color, the text can be adjusted to be lighter colored silver if need be, it will just take some more doing. Also the less lighting I use on the middle section (to make it darker and less light-blue) the less the tiles stand out as shiny 3D-like objects. Not sure if that matters or not, but something to think about.

I also modified your forum picture with my updated logo for easy comparison purposes. Let me know if you want to see any changes, I don't mind as I enjoy doing stuff like this.

Oh wait a second, when you said darker blues, did you mean the really dark blues on the page?
    I did mean the daker blue strip yes, but that was mainly so I could see how it would look matching that (versus the buttons and gradient strips below). It may not be the best idea since it would be a lot darker and was more of a curiousity thing for me.

GrandpaHomer mentioned perhaps keeping it the same as you have it now (+Rep again leukotic) but just making it a touch darker, instead of going real dark like I suggested.

Perhaps my blue choice is wrong altogether, and it should be grey, silver, or black even... it would be great if some others shared their thoughts on these ideas. I suck at graphics myself, so I am really absorbing everyone's ideas and feedback in hopes of achieving that perfect site logo.

In viewing all of these so far, one conclusion I have reached is once vB4 is running smoothly and we add new styles for users to select from a transparent logo would make my life a lot easier, so chances are whichever we end up going with will have to be doable that way... as some designs may not work well with a transparent background.

I've seen your excellent coding work before!

It definitely meets the simple criteria, maybe a tad oversimplified for my own taste but +Rep for the sharing the design DanyL!
    I'll try working on something else later.

tried something "modern", will do other design

Azax-ps3newsforum.jpg   Azax-ps3newsfull.jpg  

Sounds like a plan guys, I am +Rep'ing all design concepts and any constructive/useful comments posted from other members.

There is no real "deadline" on this new logo, as the vB4 Forum will be live this weekend but we can add the chosen logo in a week from then if need be.

Banned User
    I'll see what I can whip up for you, although I am done for the night (well, early morning). I will work on those tweaks later today.

As for the dark blue suggestion, I could not make it work properly. The darker navy-blue theme just doesn't cooperate with the design at all. It ends up showing too much light-blue from the applied lighting effect, and doesn't match the new forum look at all (except for the dark nav-bar ever-so-slightly). It just ends up looking way too dark and has very few matching colors to the overall design of the new boards.

I will attempt to make my logo a bit darker as suggested, but this will most likely cause a continuity conflict with the color flow, since if it is darker it would not match any specific color patterns on the new forums. On my last attempt I tried my best to make the theme darker while still retaining the main cyan-blue colors of the new forum. Not sure how much darker I could go without completely eliminating the lighting effect and mis-matching the new forums colors too much.

If perhaps you could supply a color sample of the darkness you would like, then I could work off that.

One thing I would like to point out before you make any decision, any logos (in particular any of mine) can easily be transparent PS3News Only reason I put in the white background on my logos is for a base really. Any of the designers I'm sure can easily get rid of the background and make it a .PNG file without any hassle. Please consider this for everyone

Great design leukotic.

Perhaps if you can play with a range of colours instead of the blues only. Maybe the logo will "pop" out better than with the blue-ish colours??

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News