Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Google Breaks the Internet: This site may harm your computer

Sponsored Links
    Update: It seems fixed now, the "This site may harm your computer." appears to be removed from the majority of Web sites.

Well at 1:55am on a Sunday in Australia, I went on google to search my local newspapers Web site, strangely I noticed that the site had been listed as harmful.

Scrolling down the page revealed that every other page was also listed as harmful. It came to me that the ultimate test to see if this was correct was to search google in google and just as I suspected, it was blacklisted as HARMFUL.

I found this hilarious so I took a screen capture in case Google tried to cover it up quickly. Its not often a large company such as google makes such as LARGE mistake.

This capture is attached to this article. Hope you enjoy!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    We were just talking about this in the chatbox.. Thanks for posting on it and +Rep!

It appears it is happening around the globe: [Register or Login to view links]

I wonder if Google is just having a massive world-wide server problem, or if they were hacked etc.

Very strange indeed, the first time I have ever seen this happen on such a large scale.

Sponsored Links

Post re

Sponsored Links
    i dont believe for a second that google could have been hacked, it would takes teams of hackers to be able to crack their security, and even if they did manage they would have surely have detected and disconnected before any damage could have been made.

Chances are they are upgrading or performing maintenance to the server/s that contain data relating to harmful websites, and due to that service being unavailable their search servers are marking all sites as harmful to protect their customers during the outage.

Yahoo too it flagged, picture below.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

f_Capturem_7a9d539.jpg  

Yeah earlier when I was searching for random things almost every site was black listed, I thought I was going

Seems they attributed it simply to 'human error' [Register or Login to view links]

For a period on Saturday, all search results were flagged as potentially harmful, with users warned that the site "may harm your computer".

Users who clicked on their preferred search result were advised to pick another one.

Google attributed the fault to human error and said most users were affected for about 40 minutes.

"What happened? Very simply, human error," wrote Marissa Mayer, vice president, search products and user experience, on the Official Google Blog.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News