Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: God of War 2

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Did you ever try ps2 handiness as it is suppose to work pretty good transfering image files from PC to PS2, i have never used any of these utilities myself but the ps2 handiness can be obtained here

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just wondering.. the problems with the DVD9 rip couldn't be down to not formatting the PS2 HDD with a later version of the HDAdvance tool could they?

However I don't know if the formatting of the HDD has been changed in newer versions of HDadvance.

I formatted my drive with a pretty old version of HDAdvance, and I have the problems with saving at the first save point in GOW2 (transferred to the HD with PS2Handiness and using the latest HDA from this website)..

Just a thought

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There is no "problem" with the full DVD9 ISO. Like I said, I'm playing GOW2 with the latest version of HDA here, with no problems whatsoever. Plays fine in the hidden HD Res mode too! Saves are super fast too.

I havnt formatted my HDD in years either.

All the HDA versions i ever used have work just fine for formatting as the HDA formats it to fat32 filing system which it does in my ps2 anyways and should work for this game as eternal.. has mentioned.
    Last edited by Starlight; 05-01-2007 at 04:14 PM

Ok.. Thanks guys. It would appear that the DVD9 rip I acquired is 'less than ideal' then. I'll try and pick up the retail version this weekend :-)

I downloaded the new version of HDA that includes the GOW2 fix, but I'm not sure how to put this on a disc to make it bootable off the ps2; i've never done this before. What do I do with the "hda.elf" file and the "hdadvance.nfo" file?

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by mpeterson78 View Post
    I downloaded the new version of HDA that includes the GOW2 fix, but I'm not sure how to put this on a disc to make it bootable off the ps2; i've never done this before. What do I do with the "hda.elf" file and the "hdadvance.nfo" file?
    Here you go try this tutorial permalink">How to make a bin-cue file of a HDA elf as it will show you step by step on how to do it, your ps2 will have to be modded or use swapmagic to load this disc as it is a backup disc.

Nice work Starlight!

I've now finished GOW2 using the full DVD9 version with no problems at all with widescreen, progessive and the hidden High Res mode on!

How do you get the Hidden High Res mode to turn on? And what is it exactly? Thanks.

You have to make it through the game and it will open some treasures for you, not sure but mine only shows in the treasure the hi res mode for the playback of the cutscenes that were in the game.

I don't have a hi def tv but have component video and looks really good in this hi res mode but only the cutscenes in my case unless you have to go through the titan mode to open the rest up as i am just about through that mode, and has been working great from the hdd.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News