Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: God of War 2

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I am also unable to progress past the first save point. I originally could not get past the movie, but after enabling Widescreen I was able to get to the first save point.

It now hangs on the first save point. I used hdl_dump 0.8.3 to upload the image (HDA reports the correct image size), but will give HDL Dump GUI v14 a go tonight and will report back tomorrow morning.

Oh, thanks for the widescreen mode advice....At least it's given me a taster of the game

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    if the game freezes while your saving then most likely your iso image isn't good. Just to report further i no longer have to turn widescreen mode on to get past the first intro, so the entire game works fine for me.. Rip the game with imgburn and try again

Sponsored Links

PS Button Color

Sponsored Links
    I know it might be a bit off topic, but just to compare the result and provide those who still wanna stay on the path of HDA...

I think my ISO is good, the reason is follow: I finally get tired of trying and turn to the path of RIP (won't mention the detail here, as you can find help thru the DVD5 rip forum - it's not relevant here) everything went well after RIP, no more problem of either blank or freeze after first save (it takes a moment to save the first save, takes about < 1 min)

Also interesting to notice, I remember someone saying the long save for the first time is normal; but the first save pause will happen AFTER you pick memory card to save, even if you only have 1 mem card (It will say "CREATE NEW GOD OF WAR II FILE ON MEMORY CARD (PS2) FOUND IN MEMORY CARD SLOT 1?"). So if you get a hang screen for the 1st save without even going into mc selection screen, you can stop waiting and try other method. It's dead already.

I have tried everything. I flattened it. I tried it in different modes. I have used the widescreen method. I don't know what I'm suppose to do now.

running nice and smooth on toxic OS . . . i created the ISO with DVD decrypter and transfer it with HDL_Dumb 0.8.4 with the hd connected to pc not via ethernet, i just got the medusa head, great game . . .

Just to let you know, I re-ripped the game and uploaded it using the tool listed in my previous post - I can now get past the first save!

Thanks for all the advice

Just curious guys, how do you enable widescreen mode? When I load up the game it's just black. Do I enable it directly from HDA?

Thanks.

I just made a DVD5 rip of this game and it works great and has no problems with video or audio and saving the game is not a problem either even with the first save, and i am using the lastest HDA here on the site with no modes enabled, the one with the god of war 2 patch in it.
    Last edited by Starlight; 04-02-2007 at 12:12 AM

Same here. My full DVD9 image didn't work from the HDD, but it works from a dual layer disk. A DVD5 rip works fine from the HDD.

I am trying to put this game on my harddrive with no luck. Can you get it working without making it into dvd5?
    I tried imgburn 2.3.2.0 and used hdl dump gui 1.4 with no luck it just freezes when you try to save at the first save point and I can't load up any of my saves at all. Is there a certain setting or speed to set this at in imgburn? Any suggestions let me know. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News