Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

In-Game ads by year's end!?

Sponsored Links
    Bad enough that we have to pay between $45 and $55 for a game that may or may not be any good, but now the companies want to make even more by running in game ads! I wouldn't care about the ads if it would drop the price of the games by $10 or so. Now how are the companies gonna complain about how hard it is on their wallets when the games are pirated? It not like I advocate pirating, I'm just getting tired of greedy companies and stockholders.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    And, I'll venture to guess that people will be making ADFIX .ppf patches by year's end and a day.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    HAHA sad but likely true JCW!

hey you know this way even with all the people that pirate games out there the game copanies will make money this way and wont have to worry about falling a death by piratism and this is sortof already happening like in need for speed underground 1 if you actually read the bill board they are for places like auto zone but the game and music industries both sortof painted them selfs into a corner because of high prices many people chose to pirate like if games were $20-$30 there would probaly be much less pirracy beacuse the cost of chip install and hard drive would be much more than a few games but like they are now if some one pays $120 to have thier ps2 modded with a dms4 pro in two and a half games the chip and installe payed for itself ok so maybe a few more if it's with a hard drive but i mean come on why do you think high speed internet is so popular with people above 25 who live away from thier parrents?

Quote Originally Posted by HMaster92
    hey you know this way even with all the people that pirate games out there the game copanies will make money this way and wont have to worry about falling a death by piratism and this is sortof already happening like in need for speed underground 1 if you actually read the bill board they are for places like auto zone but the game and music industries both sortof painted them selfs into a corner because of high prices many people chose to pirate like if games were $20-$30 there would probaly be much less pirracy beacuse the cost of chip install and hard drive would be much more than a few games but like they are now if some one pays $120 to have thier ps2 modded with a dms4 pro in two and a half games the chip and installe payed for itself ok so maybe a few more if it's with a hard drive but i mean come on why do you think high speed internet is so popular with people above 25 who live away from thier parrents?
    i agree, I dont mine the ad as long doesn't interrupt my gaming or sound or any type of my game experinece..because i buy my game(as long is good game if not i wont buy )

I thought it was because of the chat rooms And I'm sure there will be patches, but we shouldn't need them. I was going to rent a game the other day, but when I saw that it was $20 new, I bought it. Sooo, if the games were cheaper, more of us would buy them right off instead of waiting for them to hit the kagillion sellers list and a price drop.

ads? they seriously need to stop. i mean with games c'mon... i mean yeah they should make a patch to take it off, also like the NFSU autozone logos, couldnt you change it as well to be like something else? like donno if you guys ever heard of Dead or Alive when they edited the girls bikinis to be nude.. although they got sued, because they modified a game, also they modified the rumble roses, changed outfit colors nd so on... but if you can replace ads with your own ads when you burn a game, that way it would be a cool way to impress ppl .. ya know ... but other then that they shouldnt, if i know of a game that has ads, i will try it out first then buy it... that's just my two pennies.

next year?
    anyone else notice all of the Reebok whoring in NFL Street 2?

this has been happening for awhile. I guess online games may stream different ads all of time, but where in the hell are they going to store them? I don't want my mem card holding their corporate bs. It's bad enough I get bombarded with that sh_t everytime I turn on the tv

Atom

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass57
    I'm sure all u HL2 owners out there know what I'm talking about...
    Yuck, I'm trying to forget about that debacle. Valve made a BAD move there. What a nightmare that was to get into the "offline" mode with my 56k (forced downloaded patches took half a day to download). It was worth it to play HL2 whenever I want... just barely. I hope the Steam concept fails.

I dont' think those who say they don't mind in game ads realize what a nuisance it will become. (Am i the only one that puts the tv on mute or changes the channel when commercials come on?) First off in game ads will not drive down the cost of games, it's a way to generate extra revenue. It's bad enough some games force you to stare at long loading screens, but now they want to replace those screens with splash screen advertisements. What that means is the more and longer the load times the more ads you can support (dont think it wont happen)

Everytime you start up a game now you see the publishers/Developers name/logo splashed onto the screen for about 5 to 10 seconds each (EA im looking in your direction) I find it a little annoying because it happens everytime you start the game. Now imagine a 20 to 30 second spot everytime you start your game reminding you to drink your ovaltine.

I found Need for speed underground 2 less enjoyable because of the cingular one guy, burger king ads all over the place etc... I dont have to say this here because everyone knows you can do way more if you install a modchip into your console (legal backups, running games off hd, emulators etc...) ,If ads due find there way into games for me it would just be another reason to chip your console, so you can patch the game to remove the ads. (Tivo wouldnt be so popular if you couldnt use it to skip commercials)

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News