Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just a way of them getting their adverstising out which is bad enough on tv,but in ps2 or ps3 games.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    But if they advertise upcoming games then that wouldn`t be bad....

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If the in game ads are done correctly, they wouldn't be so bad, they could even increase realism. For instance take a racing game where you go through New York. Having real restaurants whizz by or having billboards with real companies would make it more realistic. Or perhaps in an RPG instead of having a generic item like "beer" you could have the item "budwiser" that sort of thing.

Of course this assumes a certain amount of decency from the companies and not just plastering ads all over menus, load screens etc. Judgeing from the way companies are moving these days, im inclined to think that they wouldn't care about enhancing the game only making money. This would be a bad thing.

I'm not sure I like the idea of advertizing upcomming games. I think too many times they would whet your appetite for vaporware. It would be REALLY upsetting to have to wait extra time for the game to come out after seeing a trailler that made it look good. How many times has the release date been changed for a game you wanted?

Ads in games have been around for a while. I think I really noticed it back on Cool Boarders on the PSX.

So this is really nothing new. I mean they do it in movies (product placements) so this media is really the next big step but again it has been done for a while.

With the high cost in development I am actually surprised it didnt happen sooner.

Personally I could care less about the ads as long as it doesnt effect gameplay. Which it shouldn't unless it gets to a certain point in the game and it goes into a CGI non-skip commerical mode. Though it would be funny to see a game like Street Fighter have a commerical.. Cant you see it.. The game breaks and RYU comes on to the screen and does something like after a hard day of kicking Ken's butt I enjoy a nice cold Mountain Dew. ROFLMAO..

Murd0ck

Quote Originally Posted by Murd0ck
    Though it would be funny to see a game like Street Fighter have a commerical.. Cant you see it.. The game breaks and RYU comes on to the screen and does something like after a hard day of kicking Ken's butt I enjoy a nice cold Mountain Dew. ROFLMAO
    Even though that would suck, it would be hilarious indeed!

Yeah that would be funny..haha

When the company places ads in games for their products, I don't mind. Sega has been doing it for years.
    But it stuck me as odd the other day to see an ad for "Kill Bill vol 2 on DVD" in Getaway: Black Monday.
    Sure, I'm a Kill Bill fan, but it's gonna seem weird years down the road when I see this ad. IT'S ALREADY OLD!
    The really bad thing is ads for dead products.
    Any games advertising Clear Pepsi?

in game ad's would be ok i guess. like someone said earlier, if it doesn't effect the gameplay then thats Fine!.

If you have like ad's while there is loading screens or before or after a loading screen it would be pretty dogey.

How many times have you gotten DVDs with ads you couldn't skip over? I can see the same thing being done to games. Bad enough that some games take forever to load, imagine having to watch 5mins of ads prior to game loading.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News