Freedom Public Beta 2 for Nintendo Wii is Available
Today crediar has released Freedom Public Beta 2 for the Nintendo Wii console.
Freedom REPLACES the system menu COMPLETLY, there is no way to access the system menu as long as Freedom is installed.
The installer requires and IOS with both the fakesign bug and the ES_DIVerify functions working. The installer will try to load the following IOS and will use the one that loaded for Freedom: 250, 249, 36, whatever IOS the installer got loaded with.
Freedom is a complete System menu replacement which currently has these features:
- Wii Disc loading (any region)
- GC Disc loading (any region)
- Channel loading (any region)
- WAD Importing
- WAD Exporting (Channel backup)
- Savefile exporting (no importing yet!)
- Changeable GFX
- Changeable button layout for Wiimote (Sideways/Normal)
- Following Controllers are supported: GC/Wiimote/Classic-Controller (All ports)
- Loading Covers for Games/Channels see cover section for an explantion how to use them
- Changing most SYSCONF settings
- USBloader support, press Right/Left to select a game
- Tons of USBGecko debug output
- More features are planned
The Savefiles Export/WAD export lists sometimes display incorrectly just scroll down or up to fix that.
Please copy the freedom folder on your SD/SDHC card otherwise you won't have any GFX! Run the dol with any loader you want and follow the on-screen instructions.
The simplest and safest way to remove Freedom is to reinstall the System Menu using the built-in WAD importer.
Crediar has released Freedom Public Beta 3 a Nintendo Wii System Menu Replacement, be careful and read the readme if you wan't to install this.
- Fixed cover loading on disc change (or slot change for USBloader)
- Fixed random cover scaling
- Included a standalone version of Freedom which works best with preloader, since that way you can select the IOS otherwise it will just reloaded the current one.
- Added more error output to the installer
- Added NAND space info to the settings menu (note:the Wii system reserves about 200MB)
- Added a config file to adjust all displayed items to allow more adjustable themes.
Check the supplied gfx.ini.
- Added code to detect disc eject/insert
- Channel loading is now done 'by hand' and not through IOS or via the NANDloader, this will allow ocarina to work with all channels(as soon as I find the ocarina code) (lz77 version 11 decompression code by TheLemonM )