Today some HOT news in the XBox 360 scene has surfaced... ikari
has released FreeBOOT v0.2 which allows users to run unsigned XEX files on their XBox 360 consoles... this essentially renders the dev boxes useless, so keep an eye on eBay for price drops soon. ;)
Download: FreeBOOT v0.2
/ FreeBOOT v0.2
From the ReadMe file: FreeBOOT is a rebooter for the Microsoft Xbox 360. This version of freeBOOT allows you to reboot into kernel 2.0.8955 on all Xenon, Zephyr, Falcon, and Jasper consoles with 16MB flashes, which are vulnerable to the JTAG hack.
Support for Opus and Jasper consoles with larger flashes will follow soon. As freeBOOT needs a second flash memory to store kernel 2.0.8955 and associated data, either a Cygnos360 or an xD card mod is required at the moment.
- Harddisk installation and save game/profile issues have been fixed
- Updated to kernel 8955
- Additional support for Zephyr and Jasper consoles with 16MB flashes
- Support for xD card mod and Cygnos360 V1 added
- Harddisk authentication disabled. The Xbox 360 will now accept any SATA harddisk.
- Removed XEX signature checks. Execution of unsigned devkit and retail XEXes is now possible. Encrypted
- Devkit XEXes must be decrypted with XexTool prior to use.
- Removed LIVE/PIRS signature checks. The dashboard will now run applications from unsigned LIVE/PIRS containers.
- Extendable patch system - Researchers/hackers can now try new patches easily. Please refer to "srcpatches_kernel_8955.S" for more information.
More PlayStation 3 News