Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Thread: Free MC Boot

Sponsored Links

Arrow Free MC Boot

Sponsored Links
    Alright, I'm going to make this thread to keep some of the info organized on it so that everyone who wishes to install it can go about it easier.

And I'm also going to include a mini-FAQ about it so that we don't get the redundant questions as often about it.

Q - Can I install FMCB with a PC/PS3 and a memory card adapter?
    A - No. The FMCB installer requires the PS2 for it's built in MagicGate support as well as it's DVDPLAYER ELF file in the BIOS.

Q - If I install it on one region system, can I use it on another?
    A - No. Once installed you can use the memory card on another region system, but Free MC Boot will not work on any system that is not the same region as the one you used to install it.

Q - I have a SCPH-9000x system. Why is it not working once I install it?
    A - Sony has removed the DVD Player's upgrade feature within the BIOS on the newer versions of that system. FMCB requires that this function be active for it to work as FMCB hijacks that feature to operate. Note that SCPH-9000x systems that have a BIOS revision older than 230 (or the system has a date code older than 8B)

Q - Can I play backups with FMCB only?
    A - No. You have to install ESR with it. Make sure it's in the INSTALL folder of the installer package. Also, you have to patch your ISO files before burning them.

Q - Can I add more apps to the main menu?
    A - Yes. read the tutorial.

You can find the TUTORIAL HERE: bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/noobie.php

I'm only linking to it since if it needs to be updated, JNABK or my self can do so by updating it in a single location instead of mulitple places.

Tutorials include the main body of information on the installer as well as methods to boot up the installer on completely unmodified systems.

Also, I'm including the current release of FMCB, uLaunchELF, and ESR, and the ESR patching utility (current as of Dec. 22, 2008) so that users can get a foot in the door on homebrew and the ability to save their original games from wear and tear.

Program credits:
    FMCB - Primarily jimmikaelkael and neme
    ESR - ffgriever
    uLaunchELF - Primarily dlanor and E P
    ESR patcher - not sure. no one documented that one by any read me or any of the source files.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks man! itīs useful

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Where do we find the DVDPLAYER ELF? and the one's for other regions...also I believe you can use multiple DVDPLAYER ELF's for each region in the multi boot mode of FMCB

Also pertaining to the 9000 series, in the readme.txt there is this insert
    You can put your eXtended modules ("XSIO2MAN", "XMCMAN", "XMCSERV" and "XPADMAN") in this folder, the installer will use it to provide compatibilty with SCPH-10000 ps2.
    Wouldn't that mean 9000 is also supported?
    Last edited by hacked2123; 03-01-2009 at 03:36 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    Where do we find the DVDPLAYER ELF?
    Google. since they are copyrighted Sony code.

and the one's for other regions...
    There is a package with all of them floating around. See above statement.

also I believe you can use multiple DVDPLAYER ELF's for each region in the multi boot mode of FMCB
    Where did you hear that myth?

Also pertaining to the 9000 series, in the readme.txt there is this insert
    You can put your eXtended modules ("XSIO2MAN", "XMCMAN", "XMCSERV" and "XPADMAN") in this folder, the installer will use it to provide compatibilty with SCPH-10000 ps2.
    That is to make the Version 0 PS2's work with FMCB. not the SCPH-9000x series.

Wouldn't that mean 9000 is also supported?
    I'm assuming that you didn't read the mini FAQ above. I'll quote it here.
    Q - I have a SCPH-9000x system. Why is it not working once I install it?
    A - Sony has removed the DVD Player's upgrade feature within the BIOS on the newer versions of that system. FMCB requires that this function be active for it to work as FMCB hijacks that feature to operate. Note that SCPH-9000x systems that have a BIOS revision older than 230 (or the system has a date code older than 8B)
    I don't mean to be rude, but I highly suggest you carefully read this information again as well as the FMCB tutorial that the first post is linked to.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlegninja View Post
    I don't mean to be rude, but I highly suggest you carefully read this information again as well as the FMCB tutorial that the first post is linked to.
    You are perfectly in line, I reread that stuff and the guides shortly after, and found answers to every stupid question I asked.

Pertaining to the DVDELF I bet you could install another region on the same card by using the FMCBoot installer...and doing it every time you switch between consoles (better off getting 2 Memory Cards)

As for the 0 model PS2, that I didn't know about, thank you. I saw 10000, and thought it was a higher number that 9000x (wasn't thinking correctly for some reason 90000 > 10000). Anyways, that stinks that it doesn't work on the 9000x.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by hacked2123; 03-07-2009 at 12:59 PM Reason: to is not 2

Pertaining to the DVDELF I bet you could install another region on the same card by using the FMCBoot installer...and doing it every time you switch between consoles (better off getting 2 Memory Cards)
    Multi-region can be installed, but it has to be done as seperate installs. For example, you want to install a setup for a USA and a UK set of machines. Take note that FMCB uses a folder structure similar to the old exploit. B*DATA-EXEC for the folder names. the * indicates region as it did for the old exploit. A = USA, E=UK/PAL, I=Japan

Install the first region. lets say you want to do UK first. do so on a UK machine. then backup the BEDATA-EXEC save with uLaunchELF. delete the save from the MC. Then have your USA machine ready and install that one. It will have a folder name of BADATA-EXEC

Use uLE to restore the UK FMCB save. you will then have a dual region FMCB setup. But currently there is no way to install other regions from one region console. So if you want to use FMCB on a specific region, it has to be installed on that specific region console.

As for the 0 model PS2, that I didn't know about, thank you. I saw 10000, and thought it was a higher number that 9000x (wasn't thinking correctly for some reason 90000 > 10000). Anyways, that stinks that it doesn't work on the 9000x.
    As mentioned, FMCB will work on some SCPH-9000x systems. but they need to have BIOS revision 220 or older. (datecode 8b) BIOS revision 230 (datecode 8c) and newer will not work with FMCB at all.

Sponsored Links