Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

First Windows 8 Details Leaked by Microsoft PC Maker Partners

Sponsored Links
    This weekend Paul Thurrott at [Register or Login to view links] reports that the first Windows 8 details have been leaked by Microsoft's PC maker partners.

Below is a brief rundown the new Windows 8 details, with more details linked above for those interested.

App Store

Think iPhone App store or Android Marketplace but with a Microsoft twist. Rumored to be named Windows Store. I'm curious if this is cross platform with Windows Phone 7, and maybe 360 support?

Internet Explorer 9

Included with Windows 7 will be Microsoft's next generation browser. After looking thru the new tech demos for IE 9 I admit I'm not really excited for this. It still feels like they are playing catch up with Firefox and Chrome.

A leaked release date of August 2010 was seen. However browsers are personal, try the demo [Register or Login to view links].

Windows Live Wave 5

The only real details are it will ship with Windows 8. The Windows Live Wave 4 beta is available now, SYNC is a big improvement. Try it [Register or Login to view links].

Windows 8 Release Date

Currently Microsoft is aiming for a mid-2012 release, which leads to estimates of a first beta mid-2011, and a public beta late 2011.

PC Form Factors

Microsoft sees the market in three categories, "Lap PC", "Workhorse PC", and "Family Hub PC". Pretty similar to the market now.

Tailored Web Applications

Web based apps are one of if not the fastest growing software provider formats. Microsoft hopes to easily integrate this into Windows 8 and the Windows APP Store.

Human Presence Sensors (Kinect)

This is really exciting... well at least potentially. The GUI in Minority Report has had geeks dying for the wave my hands like a Jedi option for years. Kinect might just give us that.

The Kinect experience on the 360 will go a long way to prove the concept, but having your PC log you in by scanning your face and locking when you leave the room sounds nice!

First Windows 8 Details Leaked by Microsoft PC Maker Partners

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    no thanks. i'll stick with my xp until m$ creates a virus that kills every copy of xp, therbey forcing people to update and give them more money.

i'm sure they failed to mention that when your computer is connected to the internet and you have a webcam, m$ can remotely connect to your webcam and watch what you are doing without any consent from you. (unless it's in the eula which almost nobody reads.) they will probably try to spin it as some kind of behavior study to see how people react to different programs/websites/videos/etc.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I feel so behind LOL, still chugging along fine here with WinXP Pro... so maybe by the time Windows 8 arrives I will jump right to it and skip a Win7 install.

Quote Originally Posted by inginear View Post
    no thanks. i'll stick with my xp until m$ creates a virus that kills every copy of xp, therbey forcing people to update and give them more money.

i'm sure they failed to mention that when your computer is connected to the internet and you have a webcam, m$ can remotely connect to your webcam and watch what you are doing without any consent from you. (unless it's in the eula which almost nobody reads.) they will probably try to spin it as some kind of behavior study to see how people react to different programs/websites/videos/etc.
    uh huh - sounds like you are just another Anti-Microsoft person.. they don't do that, nor could do.. any type of remote access is blocked by default on most routers, plus they turn off remote desktop/assistance now.

I think you are most paranoid.. I'd suggest you get over yourself buddy.

Windows 7 is indeed superior to Windows XP - as long as you move with the times and upgrade your pc accordingly.

Wooohoooo

Today's question is: How can we earn a lot of money on people but give them something they do not use??

Comon! This is stupid. Windows 7 isn't there so long... and now its already being replaced by a new version? I guess... and really thats my only guess. That Micro$oft has implanted a LOAD of Anti- Piracy thingies in there. Including remote control and remote application removal like Google on Android!

i guess they're trying to catch up to apple. next thing you know we'll have windows 7.5.9 or windows 7 +.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by B4rtj4h View Post
    Wooohoooo

Today's question is: How can we earn a lot of money on people but give them something they do not use??

Comon! This is stupid. Windows 7 isn't there so long... and now its already being replaced by a new version? I guess... and really thats my only guess. That Micro$oft has implanted a LOAD of Anti- Piracy thingies in there. Including remote control and remote application removal like Google on Android!
    windows ME and Windows SP also got released within a distance of 3 years.
    look on the release dates. every 2-3 years there's a new windows.

so it's no big deal. it was clear that around 2012 there will be a new windows.

Yawn at these 'features'. I don't want Kinect on a console I sure don't want it on my PC

Quote Originally Posted by Warrorar View Post
    windows ME and Windows SP also got released within a distance of 3 years.
    look on the release dates. every 2-3 years there's a new windows.

so it's no big deal. it was clear that around 2012 there will be a new windows.
    Windows ME was a bit of a failure simular to Windows Vista. Both had alot of problems and werent too popular. I personlly couldnt see a new windows for another 3-5 years.

If anyone recalls correctly project longhorn which eventually came to be know as windows vista was in development for several years, so the only way we are going to see a new windows soon is if its a minor update kinda like windows 7 was to windows vista. I couldn't see a completely new windows.

LOL I love seeing paranoia gone wild. Do I trust Microsoft, not exactly, nor do I trust any large corporation for that matter. But the fact is, Windows 7 really isn't that bad of an OS. Sure it has its faults, but so does any Linux Distro, Mac OS, or any OS. Should a few faults turn you off from an OS? No. Everyone has their own preferences.

I have used Ubuntu as my preferred Linux distribution, and while I do love it, it does come short when I need to use it for college. It has come a long way, but its not there yet. I use W7 because it gets the job done for now. Is it the easier alternative? Yes, might not necessarily be better or safer, but it works for me. Do I wish Ubuntu had the functioning capabilities that W7 had? Hell yes, but until it reaches that goal, I have to stick to Windows 7 because it is what helps me get through my day without any *major* problems.

Again, it might not be the best, but I'll use it until Linux reaches the same level. As for Windows 8, I doubt it'll be a major revision. Just a tweak to the 7 OS, few additions, few subtractions. Nothing really important that would cause me to jump ship. I will try the beta when it becomes available, because I can't say I think its garbage if I hadn't tried it. My .02.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News