Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Eidos Attempts to Combat Piracy of Batman: Arkham Asylum

Sponsored Links
    It appears Eidos is attempting to combat piracy of Batman: Arkham Asylum by disabling the all-important Glide ability if you aren't running a legitimate version.

In the official [Register or Login to view links] under a thread called 'Problem with Glide' a (pirated version) user explains his frustration that when holding space bar on the PC version of the game Batman's Cape remains closed and he falls to his death in poison gas.

To quote: Cheshirec_the_cat: Hi! I've got a problem when it's time to use Batman's glide in the game. When I hold , like it's said to jump from one platform to another, Batman tries to open his wings again and again instead of gliding. So he fels down in a poisoning gas. If somebody could tel me, what should I do there.

Keir (Eidos): The problem you have encountered is a hook in the copy protection, to catch out people who try and download cracked versions of the game for free.

It's not a bug in the game's code, it's a bug in your moral code."

Eidos Attempts to Combat Piracy of Batman: Arkham Asylum

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There's already a working crack out that fixes the glide but there's problems later in the game. Sounds very similar to the GTA IV drunk driving on non legit versions which was hacked pretty quickly, but I'm glad to see companies trying to find new ways rather than crap like Starforce.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    lol like that wont be nooped out of the code as well as cd/dvd checking.

but as a side opinion, thats kinda funny eh?

Whats wrong with my moral code?!?

Like jeff said, its futile and I am sure they dont have something like that stopping the xbox360 pirates. Damn, PC gamers really cant get a breat

Batman on the 360 has almost twice as many downloads, on the torrent site i visit most, compared to the PC version.

Similar download counts on other sites as well
    Last edited by semitope; 09-08-2009 at 03:37 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thats because the way X360 works, you can make a legit 1-1 copy that passes security checking on MS servers... which is currently the only way to check and combat piracy for the 360. if they patched something like that into the 360 updates, it would kick even legit game buyers in there bat nutz.

Big Grin

if it ain't SONY, it ain't protected.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    Thats because the way X360 works, you can make a legit 1-1 copy that passes security checking on MS servers... which is currently the only way to check and combat piracy for the 360. if they patched something like that into the 360 updates, it would kick even legit game buyers in there bat nutz.
    I know. Just wanted to point that out I guess. With something like this going on, why target the PC specifically and why does it get such a bad treatment with late releases, no release and poor ports. It might no longer be the most pirated gaming platform yet the platform that likely ranks higher than it in piracy is doing well.

This is way too funny.. like a Joker prank All the security fixes Eidos put in have been bypassed on PC already including the later game stuff with grapple and gliding issues, missing bosses, etc. I'm 60 percent through the game and playing it normally before they even release the PC version XD

Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    I know. Just wanted to point that out I guess. With something like this going on, why target the PC specifically and why does it get such a bad treatment with late releases, no release and poor ports. It might no longer be the most pirated gaming platform yet the platform that likely ranks higher than it in piracy is doing well.
    lol well, look at it this way, when your getting screwed with out lube by 2 of your 3 customer bases for piracy... and only one of which you can at least attempt to do something about. they tend to put forth all there frustration on the only plausible method. in this case the PC obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by tilla View Post
    This is way too funny.. like a Joker prank All the security fixes Eidos put in have been bypassed on PC already including the later game stuff with grapple and gliding issues, missing bosses, etc. I'm 60 percent through the game and playing it normally before they even release the PC version XD
    already beat it 100% my man on my x360, i didnt even know edios was doing such shady acts until today lol. and i finished it off Friday.
    Last edited by JeffJ; 09-08-2009 at 05:25 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News