Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

E3 2009: Microsoft Unveils Motion-sensing Project Natal

Sponsored Links
    Microsoft has unveiled Project Natal, which features a motion sensing camera.

Stephen Spielberg demoed it on stage and says it will recognize "your entire being".

Although it's "not reinventing the wheel because there's no wheel at all", Microsoft plans to make games as accessible as possible, as it will work with the Xbox Dashboard, recognizes your face, and signs you in automatically.

Games using the camera were demoed.

3D Breakout where body controls the ball, and you can move arms, legs, head and kick the ball and it detects the speed and power of the hit.

Comparing itself to the Wii, Microsoft says that this is done up off the couch, with Waggle commands.

Another demo called Paint Party uses body and voice to "express inner creativity" by splattering paint onto a canvas. Just say the color you want and the game adds it.

No date for the camera yet, but it's still being shown behind closed doors to developers.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    dude, nintendo have the Wii and sony have the PS EYE, ms is not inventing anything..

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
    Wow.. i know Playstation were talking about controlling XMB via hand gestures etc.. but this takes the cake. awesome, nice work MS..

The Wii super system? This is like so not needed. Players today want epic earth moving titles from the two super consoles. Not a step above Wii controllers. They going after the Wii market share, lol?

I just keep thinking over and over what kind of games can take advatage of a peripheral like this one, I mean it's cool to be able to control the Xbox dashboard with hand gestures but it seems too gimicky, the kid that interacts with you via the camera seems like a nice thing for like the firts 5 minutes, unless Mr. Molyneux can craft a game from this it will be like Home is for PS3 right now.

But there is one little thing that everyone in their excietement hasn't thought of yet, and that is price, how much will this "cutting edge" technology cost the consumers?, $100, $200 dollars?

Would people be willing to pay $100 dollars to be able to use their dashboard with their hands?

I would rather buy Alan Wake or Splinter Cell Conviction than this peripheral.

And if it turns out costing more than $100 I think I'd rather get a Wii.

Until Microsoft can craft a game that truly astounds me using this system I'll have to remain esceptic and just see this Natal Project as a cool gimick and nothing more.

i mean honestly, whats the true point, to capitalize on the innovation of the wii & its market share. I own 2 wii's & the only time they see the light of day is when im playing with the kids (no Micheal Jackson jokes). casual gaming is the wii's forte, Micro$oft & $ony should invest money in new technology instead of making expensive knockoff's.

p.s.
    i think my 360 avatar id trying to kill me

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by imtoodvs View Post
    I own 2 wii's & the only time they see the light of day is when im playing with the kids (no Micheal Jackson jokes).
    Hehe.. good catch there.

Quote Originally Posted by KainZ7 View Post
    dude, nintendo have the Wii and sony have the PS EYE, ms is not inventing anything..
    I totally agree... Well, this is MS, they never invented anything (look @ Lips or Scene it!)...

I just hope, Sony can do it better today...

I bet it doesn't run as smooth as it seems motion sensors never seem to. Look at the skate part no way could it be that smooth, if it is I will put my apologies up here I know reliability has gone up but if i used my xbox that much it would be showing me a red circle by the end of the day.

i wonder what sony have in store for E3, 360's conference was impressive. A new psp and slimmer PS3 just anit gonna do it.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News