Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Duke Nukem Forever Playable at PAX, Hits Retailers in 2011

Sponsored Links
    Though the game has been presumed dead so many times you'd need an abacus to keep track, "Duke Nukem Forever" is very much alive - and he's coming to store shelves soon.

Take Two Interactive Software pulled off one of the video game world's biggest surprises Friday, announcing not only that the over-a-decade-in-development first person shooter was nearly finished, but backing that claim up by giving the 150,000 people attending the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle the chance to play the game.

The rest of the world will get its chance in 2011 - on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

To quote: "Gearbox has enabled die-hard key Duke Nukem franchise builders and skilled veteran game makers to stand together and deliver, said Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software.

All gamers deserve a happy ending and after all of us gamers feeling the full range of emotions about Duke Nukem Forever, I am thrilled to be in a position with the trust, power and means to make it happen."

Duke Nukem Forever Playable at PAX, Hits Retailers in 2011

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Woohoo! Duke nukem Forever! We will see it at last! Dinosaurs died, man walk on 2 feets, and Duke Nukem Forever will be played ^^

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I thought that this game would never see the light of day. This is why they say never say never.

I am seriously surprised. Imagine getting up to this news. Today has just become an awesome day.

I just hope that the gameplay and story (lol i know, Duke actually having a storyline!) lives up to everyones expextations.
    They're trying to release a game which was announced 12 years ago, which was before a whole generation of gamers were even gamers yet! (read: MW generation).

So they're gonna have to relate to a new audience whilst keeping alot of the Duke franchise intact for those who have waited to see this finally get published.

I think it's gonna hear a fair bit of negativity in reviews, mainly due to the fact it has to live up to a 12 year hype/running joke, and it'll be written off as "an average game". My thinking behind this is comparative to Wolfenstein 3D... yeah, i know

I hope that they manage to pull this one off and give Duke either a good fare-well game OR a great come-back in which a new series can respawn

You wanna dance? Oh Yeah Shake it Baby!!!

I think we are all surprised to see the duke living.

Here is a video from an German IT site: [Register or Login to view links]

Smile

That's a very good news indeed!

I can't friggin wait! Thought this game was dead forever....

Big Grin

Loved this game when I was a kid! I can't wait!!!

IMO Duke Nukem was one of the best games ever made.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News