Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Domain Squatter Blackmails Infinity Ward Over Modern Warfare 4

Sponsored Links
    According to SPOnG.com (linked above), the forward-thinking [Register or Login to view links] registered the domain [Register or Login to view links] and is now attempting to blackmail Infinity Ward by offering them the domain in exchange for copies of Modern Warfare 4 for all of their members.

To quote: The message looks like this:

"If you are reading this, you may well be the Web administrator for Infinity Ward.

"If you are, there is a chance that you may well require this domain. Don't worry, you can have it - in exchange for a little 'good will gesture' for the little gaming community that owns this domain and has been playing your games for years.

"What we'd like is a copy of the game that this domain would be used for, - one copy for each and every member of our gaming community.

"If you wish to discuss this further, drop me an email - [Register or Login to view links] or goto [Register or Login to view links] and leave a message to Jester.

"Many Regards :)

"James"

Domain Squatter Blackmails Infinity Ward Over Modern Warfare 4

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That's either a good tactic, or just plain evil. I choose evil!

I hope the deal is about service of online gaming support for all the registered ps3 users of that community. meaning, free dlc for every user. I think that's better in a long run and of course the game(if that's possible)

However, i prefer paying up the game if it's worthed. Don't want some curse fall upon me by their black mages hahaha

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is a stupid plan by a bunch of idiots, first off the modern warfare 2 website is built on a subdomain: [Register or Login to view links], and the modern warfare 4 will most probably be the same.

Not to mention the fact that Modern Warfare 4 probably won't be released until 2013 that gives infinityward plenty of time to grab the domain back if they want.

[Register or Login to view links] is not taken.

But yeah, it seems that the most obvious route would be to make it at [Register or Login to view links]

hmmm.... i need to go squat some domains. It takes proper forward thinking to be successful as a squatter you know

That's not blackmail, it's extortion. Whether it works or not will remain to be seen

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News