Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by SCE View Post
    Boss, please update board software to 4.1.7
    It's always done on the backend, the version number in the footer doesn't update because we don't update all the individual templates with each revision.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well there's not much of a point in detecting encryption because you can already load 3rd party software onto it. Then from there you could possibly do SSH from computer to TV.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How can you load 3rd party software? The widgets must be signed by Yahoo.... I don't think it will accept them right away

//Boss, theonly buttons I see while posing this are: Bold, Italic, Underline and Quote Is that normal

What exactly do you want to add to the tvs firmware? Even though it runs linux you can be pretty sure it's not x86 or any other readily available architecture and any software will have to be written from scratch.

I want to add support for MKV files. Samsung firmware was hacked and you know what did they add? PVR option! LG firmware was also hacked and they also have DivX HD playback support. Samsung also has DTS support now.

It's like hacking of PS3. It is just up to your imagination what feature you want to add...Anyway, got may hands on service manuals finally

Let us know how it goes

You load the software like this:

Here's the SamyGOFirmwarePatcher.py. It is a Python script.

[Register or Login to view links]

Needings

• Before start, you needed to download 32 bit python 2.6.4 (not 3.x one) for your operating system from www.python.org site.
    • Python is OS independent language for using this script at all OS'es.
    • You needed pyCrypto package too if you try to modify CI+ device firmwares which has 'CIP' string in that firmware name (example: T-CHLCIPDEUC).

Usage

• Download SamyGO Firmware Patcher script from download area.
    • Download your devices original firmware from Samsung site.
    • Extract downloaded original firmware (by double clicking at windows or using unzip on Linux, OS X...)
    • patch it using SamyGO Firmware patcher as "python SamyGO.py <your extracted firmware directory>"
    • for example:
      [Register or Login to view code]

• Take look at process output

[Register or Login to view code]

• If everything goes on the way, copy the modified firmware directory to your USB flash device root and plug it to the TV and Flash your device. Thats all.
    I found this all from one of the links you posted...

Quote Originally Posted by SCE View Post
    //Boss, theonly buttons I see while posing this are: Bold, Italic, Underline and Quote Is that normal
    Yep, that sounds normal... we disabled the ones that annoy us like colors, large font, etc.

Ok beside the fact that the XOR key will be the FW name (how lazy they are? ) he would need to inject a linux-unix mkv driver into the directory/offset and update the CRC from info file to make it run. But he need to do this all for a Sony TV and this script working with Samsung TV's.But im guess that chances are high that it will be similar. Like the PUP's also hold a info file with the checksum's of the included pkg's and tar's.

OK. Progress. I have found the UART port. I will look into that at the weekend. You can have a look at it in the service manual here page 39 bottom right of the EMMA3TH chip: scribd.com/doc/69020198/Service-Repair-Manual-for-Sony-KDL-52LX900

UART0_TXD/RXD
    UART1_TXD/RXD

DEBUG I/F
    Quote Originally Posted by cfwprophet View Post
    Ok beside the fact that the XOR key will be the FW name (how lazy they are? ) he would need to inject a linux-unix mkv driver into the directory/offset and update the CRC from info file to make it run. But he need to do this all for a Sony TV and this script working with Samsung TV's.But im guess that chances are high that it will be similar. Like the PUP's also hold a info file with the checksum's of the included pkg's and tar's.
    The question is, does Sony also use XOR? Or if they, how can we know it?
    Last edited by SCE; 10-17-2011 at 03:35 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News