Well there's not much of a point in detecting encryption because you can already load 3rd party software onto it. Then from there you could possibly do SSH from computer to TV.
How can you load 3rd party software? The widgets must be signed by Yahoo.... I don't think it will accept them right away
//Boss, theonly buttons I see while posing this are: Bold, Italic, Underline and Quote Is that normal
What exactly do you want to add to the tvs firmware? Even though it runs linux you can be pretty sure it's not x86 or any other readily available architecture and any software will have to be written from scratch.
I want to add support for MKV files. Samsung firmware was hacked and you know what did they add? PVR option! LG firmware was also hacked and they also have DivX HD playback support. Samsung also has DTS support now.
It's like hacking of PS3. It is just up to your imagination what feature you want to add...Anyway, got may hands on service manuals finally
You load the software like this:
Here's the SamyGOFirmwarePatcher.py. It is a Python script.
I found this all from one of the links you posted...Needings
- Before start, you needed to download 32 bit python 2.6.4 (not 3.x one) for your operating system from www.python.org site.
- Python is OS independent language for using this script at all OS'es.
- You needed pyCrypto package too if you try to modify CI+ device firmwares which has 'CIP' string in that firmware name (example: T-CHLCIPDEUC).
- Download SamyGO Firmware Patcher script from download area.
- Download your devices original firmware from Samsung site.
- Extract downloaded original firmware (by double clicking at windows or using unzip on Linux, OS X...)
- patch it using SamyGO Firmware patcher as "python SamyGO.py <your extracted firmware directory>"
- for example:Code:python SamyGO.py ./T-CHL7DEUC
- Take look at process output
Code:death at triQuad:/SamyGO> python ./SamyGO.py Silo/T-CHL7DEUC SamyGO Firmware Patcher v0.16 Beta (c) 2010 Erdem U. Altinyurt -=BIG FAT WARNING!=- You can brick your TV with this tool! Authors accept no responsibility about ANY DAMAGE on your devices! project home: http://SamyGO.sourceforge.net XOR Encrytped CI firmware detected. Decrypting with XOR key : T-CHL7DEUC Crypto package found, using fast XOR engine. Applying VideoAR Patch... MD5 of Decrypted image is : 9b4d11ddc6bd41156573ae61d1660fdf FAT image analyzed - exeDSP location: 7811072 size: 37414044 ARM ELF exeDSP File Detected CToolMmbDisplaySizeItem::GetToolItem() Adress : 0x13537D0 CToolMmbDisplaySizeItem::PressLeftRightKey() Adress : 0x1353AC8 VideoAR Fix v1 Compatibility Found. VideoAR Fix v1 Patched on image. Applying Telnet Patch... Searching %3 Suitable Location Found for Script injection on Offset : 3969567 Enable Telnet or Advanced Mode on image( T/a )? Patching File... Telnet Enabled on image. Calculatin new CRC : d71d7f17 Updating /SamyGO/T-CHL7DEUC/image/validinfo.txt with new CRC. Encrypting with XOR : T-CHL7DEUC Crypto package found, using fast XOR engine. Operation successfully completed. Now you can flash your TV with ./T-CHL7DEUC directory.
- If everything goes on the way, copy the modified firmware directory to your USB flash device root and plug it to the TV and Flash your device. Thats all.
Ok beside the fact that the XOR key will be the FW name (how lazy they are? ) he would need to inject a linux-unix mkv driver into the directory/offset and update the CRC from info file to make it run. But he need to do this all for a Sony TV and this script working with Samsung TV's.But im guess that chances are high that it will be similar. Like the PUP's also hold a info file with the checksum's of the included pkg's and tar's.
OK. Progress. I have found the UART port. I will look into that at the weekend. You can have a look at it in the service manual here page 39 bottom right of the EMMA3TH chip: scribd.com/doc/69020198/Service-Repair-Manual-for-Sony-KDL-52LX900
Last edited by SCE; 10-17-2011 at 04:35 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost