Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Countdown Suggests Next Metal Gear Solid to Focus on Raiden?

As a follow-up from speculation earlier today, the countdown timer on Kojima's Web site finally counted down and revealed a picture of a boss (pictured below).

It could be Raiden, but no one is sure of who it is yet... but his hat does have a strange symbol that would seem to point to Metal Gear 5.

It does appear the recent rumor of the NEXT title being Lords of Shadow may have just been that, a rumor, though.

More details to come as they are available, and feel free to share your comments below.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Lol Mexicodude are you high or just being sarcastic? That's very, very clearly Big Boss

Quote Originally Posted by tilla View Post
    Lol Mexicodude are you high or just being sarcastic? That's very, very clearly Big Boss
    Lol well the picture may not be to scale

Big Boss! I Knew I Should Have Killed You!

http://kotaku.com/5270922/first-big-boss-and-then-raiden-with-censored-kojima-interview

'nuff said!

You know i'm getting tired of this crap already, the timer ends and it goes back up to 112 hrs.

All this and i'm sure everyone is going to be super pissed IF it turns out to not be a Metal Gear game.

it's a remake for The metal gear on MSX, and no, everyone will be super happy.

thank you Kojima-san for giving us a new hope for living..

Quote Originally Posted by Rami2007 View Post
    it's a remake for The metal gear on MSX, and no, everyone will be super happy.

thank you Kojima-san for giving us a new hope for living..
    It can't be a remake if Raiden is in it.
    Anyway I'm completely sold if it's a remake! Because that image is indeed Big Boss
    Last edited by GZA1984; 05-27-2009 at 10:13 AM

Ill take a guess here, and you are missing a photo here

so... theres Raiden and Big Boss, or Gray Fox and Big Boss for a remake.

Leaked scans from the upcoming Famitsu show what looks like another familiar Metal Gear character: Raiden.

Raiden means "thunder and lightning" in Japanese fitting as the teaser site has mostly been thunder and lighting. Oh, rain, there has been rain. (Who knows though if this character is actually Raiden, maybe it's Gray Fox?)

Those hoping for a plethora of details from the Famitsu reveal, tough luck. The title of the article is "Director Kojima Interview With Tons of Blanked Out Words: Talking The Latest MGS."

The interview seems to be mostly that: blanked out words.

See all those white dots? Those are blanked words. The big text on this page shows an exchange between the interview and Kojima. The interview asks, "Is it okay to print everything?" (Which gives substantial insight onto how Famitsu rolls.)

Kojima replied, "If you blank out words, it's okay."
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Raiden =/= Gray Fox.
    I agree that it can be Gray Fox instead of Raiden, but from the looks of it, it's Raiden. Raiden in MGS4 outfit.
    Gray Fox aka NULL aka Frank Jaeger looks different. I'm really curious now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast