Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Consoles In 20 Years

Sponsored Links
    Given the the huge change in consoles in the last 20 years, where do you think it will end up in 20 years? I think it goes without saying that there will be photo realistic graphics by then, but do you think its possible that it will have reached holodeck level? Ok so the holodeck reference is a bit geeky but look at the tablet they used in tng, the ipad have already well surpassed that so who knows.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, if they are already developing things like THIS I'd say in 20 years it may very well become a reality... by then most of us will be old fogies and probably not welcome it as much as we do now though!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    When I saw the heading I thought the same BOSS - will our bodies be able to take the strain LOL. I guess with the chance of overdosing, I will be stocking up on red bull ... for mental vitality (at least) ...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    that's it.. i'm 35 now and id be too unfit to kick arse in games that require movement now let alone in 20years/.. LOL i hope to be alive when there is a holodeck thing though..imagine how kool it would be..

consoles haven't really changed that much since i had my atari 2600 in 85 or so..sure games are better and graphics n sound and gameplay have advanced 10 fold but back 20years ago i would have expected what we expect in another 20 years from now to be available today.. LOL

does that make sense..

Wink

I'm still waiting for Nintendo's and Sony's Super Nintendo CD. I've been waiting for 20 years!
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 08-28-2011 at 01:04 AM

I would hate to think what they will be in 20 years, I'm happy with what we have now, even though I will be producing games I'm afraid of what they might do to our bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyManHRU View Post
    I'm still waiting for Nintendo's and Sony's Super Nintendo CD. I've been waiting for 20 years!
    what's that mate?

Quote Originally Posted by elser1 View Post
    what's that mate?
    Here's the story:

Well Nintendo and Sony were working together to make a brand new CD console/add on to be released in 1990 to compete with the Sega CD. They stopped working on it after they couldn't come to an agreement on how the revenue would be split so they stopped working together. 5 years later we get the Playstation!
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 08-28-2011 at 03:35 AM

Be stacking it up

It's hard to tell because I think consoles are about to hit a lull in advancement because they had a huge graphics/memory leap over the last say 10 years. The proof seems to be in the fact Sony not coming out with nothing new in at least 2-3 years, Nintendo new system only brings them a hair over what's out now, gotta figure that will be out 4-5 years.

And microsoft new xbox will be sharper then the 360 but I think the days of OMG! Leaps are a good ways away. Not to mention consoles have mobile/social competition that is charging hard at their market share. Which IMO is gonna continue to take huge leaps because a lot of the gameplay is better on these games.

As anyone thats been gaming as long as I have (Atari days) will most likely agree that yea games today are graphically gorgeous but the great gameplay are so few and far between titles. Love or hate Nintendo and their "kid" games they have been killing the so called powerhouses with the same crop of super strong games for gameplay I.e Zelda, Mario etc while being a generation behind on graphics.

I see the set top traditional consuls dying off actually as Internet speeds get better and better and we get our games through greatly improved mobile devices, which are double/tripling In power each year. Just picture a iPad like device (or iPad itself) that plays games at PS3 or better graphics and can be streamed to your tv or taken with u wherever you go. That would be sweet!

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News