Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Confirmed: Ubisoft Working on PS4, XBox 720 Video Games

Sponsored Links
    As part of Ubisoft's financial report released yesterday, company founder Yves Guillemot stated "10 percent of Ubisoft's workforce is working on developing games for the next generation of game systems that will eventually replace [the] Wii, [the] Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3."

Yes, he actually said that.

To quote: "What has helped us is we always take the new technologies right at the beginning of their availability, and we go after them faster than everyone else," he continued.

The company was one of the first to make titles exclusively for the Wii, and appear to wish to continue this with launch titles for the PS4 and whatever the next Xbox will be called.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

woh!

Sponsored Links
    This is definitely not "small news"... so, the next-gen consoles must already have some developer version available already! how else would Ubisoft be able to conceptualize or program their next-gen games without it? Maybe the look or design isn't finalized yet (but who knows, maybe it's already final) but the engine itself should already be stable and working.

Some time ago, Sony already considered and confirmed about using Intel processors in its PS4. I think it was the Larrabee? Anyways, this is something a bit too powerful to really grasp at this still early stage in the lifetime of the PS3. Surely, there won't be any announcements about a PS4 in next week's E3 - that would be ridiculous!

Either way, i am more than ready to embrace the PS4! Bring it on, Sony! I will most definitely get me one of those, whenever it's coming out.
    Last edited by sharks; 05-29-2009 at 05:51 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by sharks View Post
    Either way, i am more than ready to embrace the PS4! Bring it on, Sony!
    Agreed! And we'll be ready at [Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Agreed! And we'll be ready at [Register or Login to view links]
    Haha very nice you've already got the domain as for the news there would definately have to be some architecture put down for a game developer to have started basic development, unless they have decided to use something like a Core 2 Duo with PS3 type security architecture.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News