Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Call Of Duty: World at War BETA to be XBox 360 and PC only

Sponsored Links
    Sorry PS3 gamers, but according to Treyarch and the people at Activision, the upcoming online multiplayer BETA for Call of Duty: World at War will be for XBox 360 and PC owners only.

For those of you who remember, Infinity Ward pulled a similar move last year by hosting the Call of Duty 4 BETA only on the XBox 360. After speaking with a Activision representative, I was told that the reasoning behind doing an XBox 360 and PC BETA was primarily due to increased server and connectivity data.

"We are running the BETA only on the XBox 360 and PC," said the representative. He continued then to point out that most BETAs on the PS3 are run by first party anyways, and if Treyarch runs their testing on the XBox 360 and PC they acquire more data on servers and connectivity.

Personally, I think that it's imperative to sufficiently test all networks a game will be running on, and that includes the PlayStation Network. Yes, if you were to run the BETA solely on the PlayStation 3, you'd acquire less data than a 360 BETA, but why not have a BETA span multiple platforms? Is it that much more work?

What do you think about this debacle? Let us know in the comments section below. More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    sorry but this game is going to suck just like cod3, and there are plenty games for us ps3 users.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Why is there so much hate from devs for the PS3!?

Good. Let em make it a 360 exclusive while they are at it.Im done with the COD franchise. Its blatantly obvious IW does not care at all about updating their games. They would rather re-skin all the player models and sell you a new game each year for sixty bucks. COD4 was a blast but they decided to go the WWII route as if there arent enough of these games already. I dont want to play with lame outdated weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by I Kick Puppies View Post
    Its blatantly obvious IW does not care at all about updating their games. They would rather re-skin all the player models and sell you a new game each year for sixty bucks. COD4 was a blast but they decided to go the WWII route as if there arent enough of these games already.
    FYI -- IW is not in charge of COD5/WAW. Activision is.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News