Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So the Cod series are boring all of a sudden? Why is that? CoD is one of th e best FPS in the market (Killzone 2 is the other), specially the WW II games. I liked them more than MW.
    Last edited by kablooey; 05-02-2010 at 01:16 AM

Sponsored Links

Cool

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by LIL935 View Post
    To see the trailer go here: [Register or Login to view links]
    I have now added the trailer embedded to the first post as well.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This reminds me of B.L.A.C.K back on the previous gen systems. That was a good game IMO, so I will be interested to see how this one fares against it. As for the 1080p, I'm pretty sure it will be 720p because of the time frame that this game was made in. IMO it's not long enough of a window for them to push the resources to make it 1080p, as the development of those titles geared specifically at 1080p is a lot more resource consuming. Would be nice, however it is highly unlikely.

with all the success that the call of duty franchise has gotten especially with the modern warfare series i wonder if their rival the medal of honor series will ever be as popular again.

I can't wait to see what the MOH guys offer tho I did enjoy airborne (it was awhile ago) but I have been a battlefield fan all the way after blowing things up with tanks and planes and helicopters with LARGE maps its my thing sorry!

It better not be buggy like COD WaW with the super hard Veteran mode, i actually gave up on it before the Heart Of The Reich(?) mission.

It better be 1080p as MW2 I think is 1080p, well my TV says it is anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Awayze View Post
    It better not be buggy like COD WaW with the super hard Veteran mode, i actually gave up on it before the Heart Of The Reich(?) mission.

It better be 1080p as MW2 I think is 1080p, well my TV says it is anyway.
    MW2 is 1024 x 600 (600P), just unscaled by the PS3 to 1080P.

Quote Originally Posted by inginear View Post
    that's why a lot of the graphic processing duty is passed to the spes by first party developers. the rsx is only used for outputting the data that was previously rendered/processed by the spes.

the ps3 is more than capable of processing and outputting full 1080p games. the programmers just have to be efficient in the right areas to give you the graphics you are looking for.
    Ok, lets take a look at arguably the best looking game on the PS3 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, now the developers stated that "Uncharted 2 uses between 90 to 100% of the Cell's processor" assuming that the engine is well optimized (which it is since the engine was created for use with the PS3 only), and that these figures are indeed correct, it would be impossible to render the same graphically stunning game at 1080P, hence the native 720P support.

The cell processor is not as powerful as everyone makes it out to be, it is pretty weak when compared to the raw power of a GPU, or even today i7 CPU's. Hell in F@H it only manages ~145 NS/Day whereas a average GPU lets say an 8800GT (released in 2007) pushes ~440 NS/Day.
    Last edited by D3M0N2009; 05-13-2010 at 12:16 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News