Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Latest Xbox360 system update question

Sponsored Links
    Does LT 2.0+ work with the system update that came out yesterday?

I want to get the kinect to understand my voice so I need the latest update for it but I have a heap of games and don't really want to reburn them all if they cant be played with LT 3.0

BTW the console is banned so I don't care about getting on Live.

Well after waiting and no answer I updated and it does work. Thanks me.
    Last edited by spunkybunny; 12-08-2011 at 11:10 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    At least you answered your own then so someone else can benefit from it if need be!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by spunkybunny View Post
    Well after waiting and no answer I updated and it does work. Thanks me.
    Did you have your dvd flashed prior to updating? The latest update flashed back to stock and can lock some drives. Good job on figuring it out, though! Sorry I wasn't around to help!

XBox LT 3.0

Xbox gamers theres going to be a LT 3.0 released for fat liteons and hitachi on christmas day.

Thanks to C4EVA

CAN'T WAIT

Since i will hard mod my "wixbox" i don't need it. But i have a few friends they could need in case there wixbox is from the first gen and can't be exploited with gligli. Sooo great NEWS

iXtreme LT+ 3.0

For those following, here is the iXtreme LT+ 3.0 and changes detailed below:

Official release of the iXtreme LT+ v3.0 for Benq and phat Liteons
    • Support for topology data on AP25 enabled titles. Will correctly answer any ap25 challenge eliminating need for dae.bin to create a backup.
    • No need to make new backups everytime dae.bin is updated on console

Topology Data

When ap25 was first introduced I devised a way of calculating any challenge which I called the silver bullet which I made reference to a long time ago. This was withheld until it was absolutely necessary. It was easier to replay the fixed challenges. With unique per console ap25 challenges it has become necessary to use the silver bullet.

A series of measurements are taken across the disk. This topology data is then used to calculate a response to any ap25 challenge. It is very important that the drive used to create the topology data is reliable at reading discs as bad topology data equals bad ap25 responses.

Liteon drives using 0800 v3 seem to be more accurate for this purpose. Only ap25 enabled titles require topology data. Activation of ap25 on older non-ap25 games although technically possible is highly unlikely.

Currently topology data for xgd3 titles are similar and topology data from one xgd3 title will pass on another xgd3 title although this is not advisable. Per title title topology data is best as there are slight differences between titles and newer titles could have different topology than existing ones.

Also below is XBox Backup Creator v2.9 Build:0350 by Redline99 with the following changes:

XBox Backup Creator v2.9 Build:0350 by Redline99
    • Changed – Minor tweaks to Image Browser dialog
    • Changed – AP25 iXtreme LT+ v3.0 method to “Profiling”
    • Changed – Image Browser to better match stand alone app
    • Removed – Convert to SplitVid tool
    • Removed – ISO Tagging feature
    • Fixed – Ripping xgd1 titles
    • Fixed – xgd3 drive response SS details
    • Fixed – Assortment of minor issues
    • Added – Windows 7 Taskbar Progress

To patch the median file for LT+ v3.0

Image Tools > select inject > load iso > click AP25 Sector > load median.bin and patch > burn with iHas Driver + BurnerMax Firmware

thank you ps3news

Topology Files for iXtreme LT+ v3.0 and JungleFlasher v0.1.91 (300)

Here is a follow-up with some Topology Files for iXtreme LT+ v3.0 for users to examine as well.

After an exhaustive development process we are pleased to release these disc profile topology patches for the iXtreme LT+ v3.0 firmware.

These patches are based on millions of angle measurements spanning hundreds of hours to get the most accurate values possible.

There are currently two patches available:

1) XGD2.COD-BO.COD-MW2.Halo-Reach.top.data.v1.bin

SUITABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING GAMES ONLY:

a) Call of Duty: Black Ops

b) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

c) Halo: Reach (XGD2 ONLY, don't use this on backups of the XGD3 beta)

These games have the exact same topology and therefore can share the same profile data. This was confirmed by doing at least 35 iterations of profile data for each game and analyzing the results. Over millions of measurements, not a single one deviated from the median by more than 1 degree, and there were no cumulative effects at all. These games are identical in the way they were mastered.

2) XGD3.Profile.ID.F87A804E.top.data.v1.bin

Suitable for all XGD3 games with this disc profile ID: 0C3DF524599094E6CB87ECC8-F87A804E

This covers all current XGD3 releases (at the time of writing) except for the Halo: Reach XGD3 beta.

Check spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AmtrXBZ5bMbGdEZYN1JScjFnMGNncF9JSWs3VmhBN Xc and stay up to date with the latest news on the usual sites so you don't end up patching and burning the wrong data if a new XGD3 game comes out with a different disc profile ID (there are several more already waiting in dae.bin).

Media ID shouldn't matter since we always check our data against all foreign versions of games in DAE.bin using the targets from the v12 table and several unique per-Xbox v8 tables. Again, stay up to date with the latest news in case this situation changes.

P.S. You may be thinking that it's better to use topology data taken from a specific title or pressing... and that may be true... but only if you do a multitude of iterations and take the average values. You would most likely end up with extremely similar data to ours (if your drive and disc are OK), with only very small deviations where measurements were right in between two integers, and could effectively go either way.

We certainly don't want to discourage people from doing their own measurements, but please be aware that it is very easy for some drives to screw up an angle measurement, and even small screw ups or a general bias in timing can have a great impact on LT+ responses.

P.P.S We've included an example of how we process our multitudes of iterations in case you think this is all a bunch of BS. It's a massive html file so be careful if you don't think your system or browser can handle it.

More patches will be released in the coming days or weeks as required.

Note: To inject the Topology patch file to the .iso simply download the latest Xbox Backup Creator and read the instructions - very easy to do

Remember to burn your images using an Liteon iHas Burner and the BurnerMax firmware. DO NOT USE OR TRUST TRUNCATED IMAGES !

Ripping Your Own Discs with XBC and Topology Clarification

1. Making Your Own Rips

When ripping your own discs with the latest Xbox Backup Creator v2.9 Build 350 you should have “processing AP2.5″ unchecked. This adds an extra hour to each game rip and is not required. This option is only used when topology data is being collected for development purposes.

Remember that angle measurements need to be as accurate as possible. If you rip your own you are using just 1 set of measurements. Your laser may be weak or you may have just one measurement out of hundreds that is out of bounds of the accepted values and your disc will error and you will be flagged for an AP2.5 Failure (See point #3)

FYI the accepted values are -/+ 22 (even though originals rarely go above -/+ 2 with a perfect quality laser – the extra is allowed for those that have a poor quality laser)

The median files that are created are the work of HUNDREDS of dumps per game over many different consoles and many different drives. Then using a complex algorithm millions of individual results are then calculated to give the absolute best timing scenario possible. The median files that are provided give a deviation of -/+ 8 (The original target was 9 – so anything below this is considered awesome).

To give you an idea of what we are talking about here is the deviation data when using the median file on an XGD3 title: [Register or Login to view links]

[Register or Login to view code]

As you can see the results are superb and rarely go above -/+ 4 with a maximum of 8 in just one instance.

However if you rip your own you may find that some angles will go up to -/+ 100 which is WAY over the -/2 22 threshold and will give you a bad image.

So when ripping your own images, uncheck Process AP2.5, patch with the given median file and then burn. There may be a simple app coded for you to check the deviation values of your own rips in the near future.

Note: The XGD3 Median Topology file covers ALL current XGD3 games. This includes other languages too. There is no need for you to check the profile of your game at this moment in time. if you are 100% certain that the median file does not work with your XGD3 title then you need to rip the original game using the new XBC and test it again. If it then DOES work then you need to report it with the Profile ID of the game and the AP25 topology file (after checking process AP2.5 of course). If you can’t do this then dont bother posting about it.

2. Bogus Median Files

We have noticed that some people have been uploaded bogus median files which are blank. These have been causing errors and making invalid images. Thanks to these, many people have lost time and money.

The official and original download link for the median files is this: [Register or Login to view links]

3. AP2.5 Flags & You

If you are flagged for an AP2.5 failure do not panic. This does NOT mean that you are going to get banned. Originals fail all the time due to a poor laser so this should largely be ignored. It’s fair to say that those who have countless failures will probably draw attention more than those with just a few. Take from that what you will. The point to be made is, if you are flagged, it doesn’t really mean shit.

4. Burning XGD3 Titles

When burning XGD3 titles use a Liteon iHAS Burner with the Burnermax firmware and verbatim MKM-001 or MKM-003 discs. There will be no other support or advice given on any other burner or any other media especially truncated versions. If you are too cheap to invest in an $18 burner and media that costs less than $1 then you deserve all the problems that you encounter.

I hope this information clarifies and informs. Happy Christmas.

JungleFlasher v0.1.91 (300)

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

Changes:

Added Support for LT Plus 3.0
    • Lite-on Phat 02510C
    • Benq 04421C

Here are some more topology patches for Modern Warfare 3, Driver San Fran, Battlefield 3, Dark Souls, Gears of War 3, NBA 2K12, Rise of Nightmares, and Warhammer 40000 Space Marine. Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files

THX moja and to you Big Boss. Always interesting and fascinating what those boys figure out and can do. Some one should give them a kind of Medal of Honour.

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast