Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i have been following the instructions from the faq of how to burn the disc id utility and it won't work. I have downloaded and unzipped the file and have a .bin and a .cue. I open up alcohol 120% and follow all the the instructions. The mode is at 2 and is at Dao/ and what not but when i click to burn it says failed. Mode is not correct?

It wont pass that part. How do i set it to the correct mode? On the faq it said mode 2 and it auto detected it to mode 2 and it says mode failure.. and from this screen: http://www.ps3news.com/burning3.gif

i dont have a box that says: enable buffer underrun technology. is this the problem if so how do i get this box?

thanks

Sponsored Links

Burner problem

Sponsored Links
    You are using CD-R disks correct ? Turn the speed down to like X4 or X6. Do a test burn first to see if you get an error, if thats fine and you burn a disk and get that error your burner or media may be bad...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hm it only gives me a manual choice of maxiumum and 48x for cd -r's on alcohol, unless you can change it somehow?

Im having a problem with the burning process too. In my case tho, it burns ok. I use Imation cd-r not by choice, but i'm trying to use the remainder up before i buy another batch of better media quality. I also burned it with alcohol 120% by following the tutorial. This is my first attempt to making D#4$ backup copy and already i scrapped 4 discs.
    My problem is the burnt image wont load on the PS2. After Swapmagic load, I used the tool and inserted the burnt cue and the result is the message 'Not a valid PS2 disc"
    I cant continue until I can figure out what Im doing wrong. can anyone help?
    I also dont mean to intrude on someone elses thread, but I used 'search' and this was the most similar to my problem. If there is another thread on this subject, Id like to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow38
    … when i click to burn it says failed.
    hm it only gives me a manual choice of maxiumum and 48x for cd -r's on alcohol, unless you can change it somehow?
    It sounds like your burner doesn't like burning to CD-Rs (maybe just those particular discs). I'd suggest you try getting different CD-Rs to see if they'll work. If they do not, try burning the Disc ID Utility to a DVD±R instead using Nero's DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO) setting.

Quote Originally Posted by nillinator
    I use Imation cd-r not by choice, but i'm trying to use the remainder up before i buy another batch of better media quality… After Swapmagic load, I used the tool and inserted the burnt cue and the result is the message 'Not a valid PS2 disc"
    It sounds like your PS2 doesn't like Imation CD-Rs. I'd suggest you also try some different brands (which is what you were trying to avoid), as the PS2 is very picky when it comes to CD-R discs.

cool,
    thanks hope it works.

I had the same problem, burning to cd-r, I justed used the DVD-R version instead and it works a treat.

Just open up Alcohol120
    go to burning wizard
    select iso.
    under speed turn it down to 4 or 8X
    select (test burn) simulation also
    See if and when you get errors.

I've got A dvd burner that only burns cd soooo ......Yours might be bad in reverse. Some of those things are cheaply made. Also try Nero and see if that works better, Ive had issues with both progs at times.

my dvd burner only burns dvd+r which is ok since I have Verbatim dvd+r. I hope my ps2 likes that brand and type. I need to find the tutorial for burning onto dvd. the one I was following just stated the CD version.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News