Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Army is Paying $17.7M for a Training Game

Sponsored Links
    According to Stars and Stripes (linked above), the Army is paying nearly $18 million in order to acquire a new training simulator that will allow soldiers to virtually drive vehicles, fire weapons, and pilot aerial vehicles in combat scenes.

To quote: The Army is shelling out nearly $18 million for a new training simulator game that will allow soldiers to drive virtual vehicles, fire virtual weapons and pilot virtual unmanned aerial vehicles in combat situations.

The contract for "Game After Ambush" was awarded late last month to software developers Laser Shot, of Texas, Bohemia Interactive, of the Czech Republic, and Australia-based Calytrix Technologies.

The new simulator - a modification of the commercial "Virtual Battle Space 2" - will replace the Army's Official video game "DARWARS Ambush," which the service uses to train soldiers for combat.

Since 2006, the Army's Program Executive Office for Simulation, Training, and Instrumentation, or PEO STRI, has fielded more than 3,000 copies of "DARWARS Ambush" to the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard and Homeland Defense Department, according to spokeswoman Kristen Dooley McCullough.

In an e-mail, McCullough said the contract included $10.7 million awarded on Dec. 19, with another $7 million in options.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Didn't a game say something about how this was bad one time? Oh yeah Metal Gear Solid. It's Probable just to cut down the cost on training. Like with that tank training simulator that came out over 10 years ago because each shell a tank shoots costs over $10,000.

Plus I don't trust a 50 year old Japanese man when it comes to combat training.
    If I was the officer in charge I would cut down on costs by buying a PS3 cluster. Then Build the game around that, I know for the tank simulation they have that thing on stilts with hydraulics and stuff. Thing actually moves.

I'm saying build that around the PS3 cluster, that way my tax dollars are saved and Sony fanboy's are happy all over the world. Everyone wins! ("Everyone" does not include Microsoft employees or Xbox Fanboy's),

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News