Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

+rep thanks for the linky, but i cant run it on my 10 yr old pc, see pic..

/sadface
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by The 69th Floor View Post
    Ok, after hours of downloading I need to login. When I do that with my SE account here is what i get:

"You could not login because the service account in question is not registed. If you would like to login to the service, please login to the square enix account management system and register the service account."
    I'm getting the same error. Is there any time limit or delay between creating the SE account and being able to log in or are there any other addditional steps to make this work? Also - after loging into SE account there is nowhere to find any option regards registering the service accounts ...

And Win7 (32b Enterprise) is still now working - tested on two different boxes so I run now on Win XP Pro SP3 at the moment (well up to the point to get all the updates downloaded and now being stuck on the login screen).

I'm downloading the update now seems big but cruising along at 550-600 kb/s

Private beta, so no invite = no way to log in. Hold off downloading since the OP is not replying. No point wasting bandwidth and time.

I'm in to the beta, so to enter you have to be granted from SE and has got "FFXIV beta service" in SE account management account^^ I'm sure that in the next few weeks they invited more testers to join because they will upload new servers.... At this time I can login only in the times gived by SE and not when I want... so you can wait more time to have a better service to play this beatiful game^^

Quote Originally Posted by dvb123 View Post
    Private beta, so no invite = no way to log in. Hold off downloading since the OP is not replying. No point wasting bandwidth and time.
    yeah the OP isn't replying so.. never mind, I'm the OP.

dvb123 is right, I've tried every way i could think of to log in. it doesn't seem possible right now, plus i think i got myself kicked out the beta. Sorry fellas, i tried to share the ff 14 goodness.

if you want, i'll stand here so you can tar & feather me for trying to sneak you guys in.

well at least you put it out there and made it available for a while.. now hopefully someone takes it and cracks it to play no matter what =P

Quote Originally Posted by ekrboi View Post
    well at least you put it out there and made it available for a while.. now hopefully someone takes it and cracks it to play no matter what =P
    Doubt it really but there is always a hope

If nothing else - we've all helped a bit to distribute all the updates to our fellow beta testers...

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Doubt it really but there is always a hope

If nothing else - we've all helped a bit to distribute all the updates to our fellow beta testers...
    Indeed. These type of games synchronize everything with the servers. The client basically does nothing. Without an unique and valid key there is no way to play. Cracking wouldn't help either. There only is a limited amount of valid keys. Even if you were able to magically extract a key from SE it would only lead to a legitimate user loosing access to the game.

What is in theory possible however is to code a server emulator, but this is a lot easier said than done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123