Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Poll Any thoughts on a Forum Post Likes System here?

Since we're now finished with the Forum Stats block, another idea we could add (or not) is the vBSEO "Likes" System to the Forum.

Below are a few pics on what it would look like in general... if we implemented the system it would match our Forum colors of course.

Personally I have always disliked the Like System as I would rather see people post a "Thanks" type reply than just click a "Like" button for someone's post, but if others do feel the Like System adds to the sense of community we can definitely incorporate it here.

What does everyone think ?
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Well there's always that time when I don't know whether I should +rep a person or not. So a "like" system would be good to indicate I like a person's post, so I'm for it.

Also I wanted to suggest (while I'm suggesting stuff ) that you should tell people (in the first page) to use "CTRL + F" to find the game fix they want in the "PS3 EBOOT.BIN Links Repository" thread. So people can easily search if there is fix for the game they're looking for.

I have now added that note to the second sentence here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post364274 and THANKS for the suggestion HeyManHRU and +Rep!

I vote against.

If a person wants to say thanks, he/she should reply "Thanks".
    If a person ike the post, he/she should write "Agreed with you..."
    If a person wants to add Rep, he/she should do it and write "Thanks, +Rep!"

Thanking on one click of a button seems not right.

But most if the time I can't +Rep people due to the fact that I've already given out too many.

Er ... nope. I don't like it - and TBH I don't need a little button to express my opinion. That button will reduce post activity and I don't think it will be in the best interest of the site.

i have the same problem.. i think you should be able to rep a person 2 or 3 times in a row if the deserve it, why would anyone abuse rep system on this site as theres nothing to be gained .eg selling dodgy items or whatever with fake rep... i wanted to rep someone yesterday and it said i had to rep someone else 1st but i haven't rep for a week or two at least but he was the last rep i gave.. the system is perfect as is except for that.. no need for like thing.. too many cooks spoil the broth.. LOL

I agree , if a person truly deserves to have a good reputation added to two of his posts or more, they should get those reps . We also had a bit of a discussion like this in the "Seeking Feedback for Advanced Forum Statistics Block."

Sorry if I'm getting a bit off-topic, again .
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 09-25-2011 at 10:59 AM

Create a "Thanks" button ...problem solved

Why not put like a little Thank button beside Reply at the bottom of a post. Then the users who Thanked for the post names would come up below the post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast