Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Analyst: Two New GTA IV DLC Episodes Due Next Year

Sponsored Links
    Take-Two and Rockstar are expected to release two brand new downloadable episodes for Grand Theft Auto IV in fiscal 2010, and release GTA V the following financial year.

According to analyst Todd Mitchell, who told GamesIndustry.biz (linked above) that following the release of Xbox 360 exclusives The Lost and the Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, two all-new episodes are due - possibly across both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms.

To quote: "I would expect that there would be two more pieces of downloadable content for GTA IV, that's what has been indicated to me, although formats are unsure. It's been indicated to me to me that would be the case," said Mitchell, of Kaufman Bros. Equity Research.

Mitchell also stated that he's expecting Grand Theft Auto V to be released in the 2011 financial year, and there's also the possibility of a new GTA title for the PlayStation 2 next year.

"Coming out of E3 there was no commitment to a new Grand Theft Auto, and I think that's because of Rockstar's track record with delivering on time," said Mitchell.

"Of the three, I'm least confident in saying for sure there will be a new GTA for PlayStation 2, but the track record shows that PSP titles have been repositioned [on PS2]," he said, referring to the recent announcement of GTA: Chinatown Wars for the PSP.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Wink

Sponsored Links
    I find all of the above plausible except for the possibility of a new PlayStation 2 game. Unless it's an iteration of an already existing title similar to the "Stories" versions of previous Grand Theft Auto games.

I hope that is there is new DLC created for the PlayStation 3 version of GTA IV and hopefully it includes the heavily rumored "island" and possibly the fun things that were included in San Andreas like jetpacks, parachutes, jets, monster trucks, and possibly even new additions.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News