Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Activision's Kotick: I'd Raise Game Prices Even More

Sponsored Links
    Activision CEO Bobby Kotick, the same guy who threatened to drop PS3 if Sony doesn't cut the price, is now seeking higher video game prices.

Kotick's response came after Mike Griffith answered analyst Tony Gikas' question on price points, as follows:

"And then on the second question, Tony, on the pricing, we've had for all of our launch titles in the back half of this year, some of which contain peripherals, as you point out, very strong retailer acceptance and support for all parts of our plan, including our merchandising plans, our marketing programs, and our price points."

Bobby Kotick then added, per SPoNG (linked above): "And Tony, you know if it was left to me, I would raise the prices even further."

Apparently the 99.99 retailers are listing for Tony Hawk Ride and the $149 you'll pay for the 'prestige' release of Modern Warfare 2 (there's no solid UK price yet) aren't enough.

Activision's Kotick: I'd Raise Game Prices Even More

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I hope you die you rich b*stard!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well it was obvious this guy was an ass from the ps3 bit. I said at that time that if they wanted to improve their game sales they should lower their game prices if they have the balls to ask sony to lower the console price. He is saying raise game prices...

Quote Originally Posted by Okiri View Post
    I hope you die you rich b*stard!!
    lol

This is why Kotick is the least liked executive in the entertainment industry in history. It's bad enough they're requiring overpriced chunks of cheap plastic for their games now. Now they want MORE money? Activision isn't getting a dime from me anymore anyway, but this cements it.

Holy fook!? As if video games' prices weren't sky high already... The guy wants more!? How good does he think his games are? Like... almost as good as buying a x360 arcade?!

Crazy I say... Someone just shoot him and be done with it...

Inglorious B*sterd.

That's a good point Preceptor, it's like he wants games to cost as much as consoles used to... hell, I remember when spending $199 for the original NES console was outrageous (though it came with Super Mario Bros. which was THE game back in the day).

Mr. Kotick seems oblivious to what's going on in the world lately, and is trapped in his mansion or exec washroom... and yet they all wonder why game-related sales are down and piracy is rampant.

what a retaRD,

this guy is greedy and wants the games to cost more than the hardware.

what a fool

Angry

- I remember the price of the game of NeoGeo Console, the cartridge cost was half of the hardware price.
    - The only defence the consumer can take, is DONT BUY TESE GAME OVERPRICED is the only solution, if they don't sell the market change.

PS: Yes this guy Bobby Kotick is a retarded, and i hope in a Bankrupt of his Activision.

who does this guy think he is? doesnt he evan know that there is a credit crunch in the uk? if this was the case that this ginger carrot top was telling sony now to up there price on video games, then i would drop the ps3 or just stick to renting games from blockbuster more cheaper than buying them anyway, and another thing doesnt he think that ACTIVISION has made enough money from call of duty world at war and all of the freakin Map Packs!

Sorry but people like him make me feel sick, just cos they have money they want more its just pure greed!

i remember the days when a extra map was something you got free in a patch or downloaded from the website for free, then there were community maps (70% crud 30%pure gold) now i cant play halo3 (360 i know but bear with me) because i dont have the right map packs, i cant play cod waw (well most playlists) cos i dont have the map packs i wont be able to afford the new tony hawk game 99 for a game f that.

And this pompus a-hole wants to raise the cost of all games ! the real reason our finances are in such a state, guys like this dont care about people like us were just walking talking money to them... scum.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News